The Peter Serafinowicz Show Page 4

Some of his voices were terrific, Tarrant's especially, but didn't think the sketches were up to much. The insurance one was pretty good but Big Brother was done to death though the ending made me smile. The QVC was okay in places, the 70's sketch looked good but wasn't funny and I do remember many Mitchell & Webb sketches being like the Elephants and Trains one. "Do you love cheese but hate cars?" which wasn't great to be honest either. Wasn't the first sketch pretty much The Baldy Man too?

Disappointing for me. Not quite the curate's egg, it was okay in parts. The Clone House was a pretty weak joke spread so thinly I groaned every time they went back to it. The insurance claim and getting married had good bits, even if the former didn't make any sense (if it's a parody of an ambulance chaser ad, why does it include people who say he's so shit? wouldn't he have control over the content? I know it's a spoof but I do like a bit of internal logic)

Mr S (I won't spell it) is very talented and so are many of the cast I recognise from other shows, so I hope and expect this to improve. It certainly looks like the BBC are trying to push it by describing him as their newest "comedy star" in the intro, which nearly made me grab the sick bag if only it hadn't been filled up already from watching Vivienne Vyle.

A final point - I'm sure those old enough will recognise he's borrowed a fair bit from the Goodies with the spoof ad theme (at least until they went to ITV and stuck real ads in the middle).

I quite liked The Clone House sketch, it was just silly enough to make me smile. The only sketch that made me Laughing out loud was the first Michael Caine one and the rest of them were a bit of a miss.

This wasn't great and it was a bit weird. But it hasn't made me think any less or Peter Serafinuynyn... he's still really likeable and I'll give it another chance.

I didn't find it laugh-out loud funny but I did enjoy the surreal nature of it all which made it seem fresh. My favourite sketches were the Micheal Caine acting masterclass (especially how a cigar looks on camera) and the Cillit Bang parody. I'll keep watching, probably for that Alan Alda impression alone.

i really wanted to like this but i thought this was terrible. one of the worst things i've seen for a long time. it just wasn't very funny for me.

I've been trying to phone up Brian Butterfield all morning to get him to represent me in court but I can't get through?!?

I thought that sketch, the QVC one and a couple of others were excellent. Like has been said above the Stevie one was milked to death though (it was after all just one joke) - they should have spread that over multiple episodes.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 4, 2007, 11:01 PM

Little bit dissapointed with that, maybe I was expcting too much after all the hype, but some of it was a bit poo; like all those Big Brother bits. Some great stuff too though, the kitchen gun, o news, pirate chat, robot chat show host. Ill wait to see another episode or two to see how it beds in, overall it was all right. But that big brother stuff was shit.

I have to agree with most of that. I really wanted it to be brilliant as I like PS's acting and there was so much hype. He's very versatile and talented but I found too many sketches were hit and miss. How many writers were there on this?

I agree with the hit and miss prognosis. Some of it was inspired, but other stuff seemed lazy and dated. I like Peter Oddsurname a lot, but I think Look Around You was superior to this. It's definitely the best sketch show we've had for a while, though, and I'll definitely be watching the rest of the series.

Well I was pretty much laughing out loud at all of it and I haven't been like that over a comedy, especially a sketch comedy for quite some time. The only sketch I didn't really like was Holmes & Watson.

Playing her fingers was funny.

Quote: zooo @ October 5, 2007, 12:32 PM

Playing her fingers was funny.

Yeah, that was a good one.

I thought it was very funny overall, loved the claims direct guy, especially his face when he thought the phone rang. I thought Michael Caine was funny, although everyone!!! can do a Michael Caine impression! His Alan Alda was spot on, if a bit obscure! And toilet grenade was hilarious.

Lots of sketches which spoof tv and adverts could get a bit samey though so I hope there's more non-TV based stuff.

To be honest I'm not really a fan of random comedy. You know just having sketch where the joke is something completely out of the blue that happens in it. Do you know what I mean? I just think it can be so hit and miss. Random responses to random jokes.

I thought it was pretty good but like others have said, some sketches were repeated far too often. If it keeps up that standard all the way through the series then it will be perfectly watchable but if the repetition continues then that obviously won't happen.

Quote: zooo @ October 4, 2007, 11:14 PM

...rubbish unecessarily crude sex bit.

There'll be plenty of that, don't worry.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ October 5, 2007, 9:45 AM

How many writers were there on this?

I'm not certain, but I have a feeling it's just him and his brother.

Quote: ShoePie @ October 5, 2007, 1:10 PM

Lots of sketches which spoof tv and adverts could get a bit samey though so I hope there's more non-TV based stuff.

From what I've seen of the show, most of it is TV and film parody.