After You've Gone - Series 3 Page 8

Quote: wonderboy85 @ September 28 2008, 8:04 PM BST

Mr Putters I hate to mention, but it sounds a little like you rather enjoyed the mostpart of the episode, but are somewhat hampered by your firm decision to dislike like the programme..

Hmmm You could be right there. But you're not. :) I'd imagine those bits took up maybe five minutes or so of a thirty minute program. I'm not convinced, but I did laugh at the parts I mentioned, so credit where credits due. :)

I never really enjoy Mr Lyndhurst in anything but OFAH.

I quite enjoyed it.

And Alex doing kissing was rather nice too. :)

Yes, I thought it was very good. Still not quite up to the first ep, but I laughed out loud on numerous occasions.

And I actually knew he was going to sing a Queen song. I was thinking it'd be more like We Will Rock You, but that was an ace scene. Lots of laughs.

Loved the "I'll have my bath now!" line. Generally good to see the kind of slightly-manic and over-enthusiastic Alex back again. :)

I've always wondered with this kind of episode though; does the writer enquire with the actor as to whether he/she can sing, or does the writer just put it to paper and leave it to someone else to make the singing 'work'...?

... And interesting to see that it's not on next week. Instead, we're treated to Big Cat Live.

huh?!

I love TV schedulers.

No really.

They're not retarded c**ts at all.

:)

Quote: wonderboy85 @ September 29 2008, 1:37 PM BST

huh?!

To which point? The scheduling?

Jimmy's ugly girlfriend was in it again. I thought she had left. I didn't see it, though. It's such a terrible programme I will never see it ever again. Poor Nicholas Lyndhurst.

How do you know she was in it if you didn't see it?

She only left him. There's been no indication (yet) that she has left her employment at the pub.

As expected, the scheduling of this show on a Sunday has been a total disaster... thankfully the BBC have now realised this and, before too much damage has been done, they are ripping up the previous episode schedule and moving the show.

It must now take a break of two weeks for this re-shuffle to be possible, but it will then be moved into the Friday 8:30pm slot... where it should have always been! Stupid schedulers.

Spotted that just before I went out this evening. Mental. Back on the 17th October though folks.

*shakes fist*

Quote: Aaron @ October 2 2008, 11:08 PM BST

How do you know she was in it if you didn't see it?

She only left him. There's been no indication (yet) that she has left her employment at the pub.

It was the last two minutes, saw her - then switched it off. And didn't someone say the actress was going on maternal leave?

Well she's certainly having a baby, yes. Whether one takes "maternity leave" in that kind of as-and-when employment model is debatable. And I'm not sure when her baby may have been born. But it is entirely possible that she would have wanted to spend time off work for it.

Yeah...

Just a reminder to everyone that series 3 is back tonight after its abuse in that dreadful Sunday evening slot. 8:30pm, BBC One. :)

(Followed straight on at 9:00pm by HIGNFY.)

Quote: Aaron @ October 17 2008, 2:27 PM BST

Just a reminder to everyone that series 3 is back tonight after its abuse in that dreadful Sunday evening slot. 8:30pm, BBC One. :)

(Followed straight on at 9:00pm by HIGNFY.)

But sadly not in Wales though, we've got a reality tv show called "Coal House" (yes, it's as exciting as it sounds) instead.

I've checked the Welsh freeview listings for the next week and it's not repeated and next week, it's Coal House again. So looks like I'll have to rely on the iplayer for the next 5 weeks. :(

Wednesdays, 8pm. :)

And welcome to the site!