After You've Gone - Series 3 Page 4

Quote: Seefacts @ September 14 2008, 9:37 PM BST

Too busy.

I wouldn't discount it though, it'd be quite good to write something keeping it all family orientated.

It's frustrating to watch because I do rate Lyndhurst as a comedy actor.

Lyndhurst is a great comedy actor. I recently started watching Goodnight Sweetheart and he was fantastic in it. Shame it went downhill in series 3.

Quote: paul f @ September 14 2008, 10:13 PM BST

Lyndhurst is a great comedy actor. I recently started watching Goodnight Sweetheart and he was fantastic in it. Shame it went downhill in series 3.

Yeah, I've come to realise how good is actually is. Shame he doesn't get better lines.

Quote: Seefacts @ September 14 2008, 9:57 PM BST

I'll give it a whirl. Thanks for the advice!

This should be interesting.

Quote: Charly @ September 15 2008, 5:06 PM BST

This should be interesting.

Doubt it. I wasn't being serious.

Quote: Seefacts @ September 15 2008, 5:19 PM BST

Doubt it. I wasn't be serious.

Aww. I was so looking forward to it. I wrote it in my diary and everything.

Quote: Charly @ September 15 2008, 5:20 PM BST

Aww. I was so looking forward to it. I wrote it in my diary and everything.

I detect sarcasm I think.

Quote: Seefacts @ September 15 2008, 5:22 PM BST

I detect sarcasm I think.

Sarcasm? Me? Angelic

Back on topic: It's better than My Family this show.

Lyndhurst is a far far better comedy actor than Robert Lindsay.

Aww. But I love Robert Lindsay.

I like After You've Gone more than My Family though.

Quote: Seefacts @ September 15 2008, 5:27 PM BST

Back on topic: It's better than My Family this show.

Lyndhurst is a far far better comedy actor than Robert Lindsay.

I don't want to be eaten alive here, but I kind of like My Family better. But maybe that's because it's been running longer, and so has had time to grow on the audiance.

They're both pretty rubbish imo. My Family lost its appeal when Kris Marshall left, and the only good thing about After You've Gone is the young lad (who is pretty much a 'Nick' character anyhow). I'll watch them if they're on and there's nothing else on, but that's hardly a glowing recommendation.

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 15 2008, 5:45 PM BST

I'll watch them if they're on and there's nothing else on, but that's hardly a glowing recommendation.

It might not sound like a glowing recommendation, but that kind of casual dip-in-and-out comedy is more or less what it is meant to be.

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 15 2008, 5:45 PM BST

They're both pretty rubbish imo. My Family lost its appeal when Kris Marshall left, and the only good thing about After You've Gone is the young lad (who is pretty much a 'Nick' character anyhow). I'll watch them if they're on and there's nothing else on, but that's hardly a glowing recommendation.

Well yes, the characters are sort of stereotypes- the zany kid, the mouthy daughter, the nice-but-a-bit-useless dad.... Although it is quite funny and watchable, so I like it.

Quote: Aaron @ September 15 2008, 5:47 PM BST

It might not sound like a glowing recommendation, but that kind of casual dip-in-and-out comedy is more or less what it is meant to be.

Any good programme (not just comedy), worth its salts, should make you want to tune in when it's broadcast, or be peeved if you've missed it. If it doesn't, it's filler IMO.

Many people like it, which is fair enough, but I wouldn't be upset if I never saw another episode.

P.S. I'm not saying either should be cancelled.

That's what it is really; a casual dip-in comedy.