After You've Gone - Series 3 Page 3

Quote: Aaron @ September 14 2008, 7:14 PM BST

Quite the opposite, I really enjoyed it. Got a good share of lols from me, and much chuckling away. Unsurprisingly, Alex was the highlight (his face alone at the bacon scene cracked me up).

Eagerly awaiting week 2.

'ear 'ear! Pleased

Plus, I love Dani Harner's new hairstyle.

Thought it was an okay episode with some funny moments but I think the plot let the episode down. Alex/Ryan was definetly one of the highlights as was the future dream. Never thought I would ever hear Celia Imrie say the words 'tantric sex' in my lifetime :O

To be honest, I think the plot was a bit weak. But it was still funny. The future scene was a bit disturbing in my mind, but that's just me. Alex was the highlight, definately. :D

I want some bacon.

I liked it! Comforting family comedy fare, exactly what you expect from the show.

Wish my grandmother was paying all my bills.
Wish I had a grandmother. :(

Quote: zooo @ September 14 2008, 7:24 PM BST

I want some bacon.

I liked it! Comforting family comedy fare, exactly what you expect from the show.

Wish my grandmother was paying all my bills.
Wish I had a grandmother. :(

Aaaaw. Don't worry, you can share both of mine!

Yay!

Are they rich...?

Quote: zooo @ September 14 2008, 7:24 PM BST

Exactly. :)

Quote: Aaron @ September 14 2008, 8:07 PM BST

Exactly. :)

You can do 'family' and 'funny' you know. I think shows use the 'we're aimed at families' idea as a get out card for second rate and unoriginal comedy.

Quote: Seefacts @ September 14 2008, 8:23 PM BST

You can do 'family' and 'funny' you know.

And After You've Gone proves that.

Quote: Aaron @ September 14 2008, 8:36 PM BST

And After You've Gone proves that.

Jesus, if you ever watched a decent comedy Aaron you'd probably have a coronary!

I could write an AYG script that would be family orientated AND funny with ease.

wow seefacts, that's quite the modest turn of phrase you have there.

teehee.

Quote: Seefacts @ September 14 2008, 8:37 PM BST

Jesus, if you ever watched a decent comedy Aaron you'd probably have a coronary!

I could write an AYG script that would be family orientated AND funny with ease.

Do it then.

Quote: paul f @ September 14 2008, 9:35 PM BST

Do it then.

Too busy.

I wouldn't discount it though, it'd be quite good to write something keeping it all family orientated.

It's frustrating to watch because I do rate Lyndhurst as a comedy actor.

You're too busy to be a super successful mass audience pleasing comedy writer? Yeah, me too. Funny, that.

Maybe if you could free up a little time in your diary and write us the next classic comedy? You'd be doing us all a favour.

Quote: wonderboy85 @ September 14 2008, 9:55 PM BST

You're too busy to be a super successful mass audience pleasing comedy writer? Yeah, me too. Funny, that.

Maybe if you could free up a little time in your diary and write us the next classic comedy? You'd be doing us all a favour.

I'll give it a whirl. Thanks for the advice!