After You've Gone - Series 3 Page 13

The penultimate episode will be premiering on BBC One Scotland in just under 15 minutes. That's channel 971 for Sky subscribers.

Well, I'm assuming that the special hasn't now been shelved too. :/

I shall have to wait for netflix to catch up with this series but do so want to see it.

I thought it was a good episode, and if there are no more episodes, then it would indeed wrap things up relllatively well.

Still. Boo hiss to BBC One. Angry

Quote: Eat My Shirts @ November 19 2008, 5:36 PM GMT

Fantastic news.

Why?

I'm sad to hear it is cancelled. I really prefer British television to American television but the lack of commitment to a programme can sometimes really be silly of the television production companies over there.

Really sad news that the traditional, warm, fuzzy sitcom is now dead because the lazy TV execs just throw out more and more episodes of crap soap operas. This is very disappointing.

Why don't the BBC make more of the 7pm slot? Emmerdale is crap, there must be more scope for putting more family freindly shows in that slot.

An insider has been quoted as saying that tonight's episode is 'shit-your-pants' funny.

That Celia Imrie's got a potty mouth!

:D

There was me feeling all outsider about not liking the show...looks like the Beeb agreed with me. One for the Playback DVD release soon, maybe ;)

It's always sad when something like this happens when, as someone said earlier, it puts people out of a job. To be blunt, in my opinion, when you see some of the other programmes being put out this just wasn't good enough.

It's interesting what that Guardian article mentioned about the death of the family sitcom. It shows you how much the world has changed whereby the idea of a sitcom about a family unit doesn't connect with broken Britain like it did in the 90s and such. Shame for Lyndhurst, shame for the cast and crew, but maybe a show like this was ten years too late...in my opinion :P

Quote: TomCampbell @ November 21 2008, 3:20 PM GMT

It's interesting what that Guardian article mentioned about the death of the family sitcom. It shows you how much the world has changed whereby the idea of a sitcom about a family unit doesn't connect with broken Britain like it did in the 90s and such. Shame for Lyndhurst, shame for the cast and crew, but maybe a show like this was ten years too late...in my opinion :P

Yes, and My Family is doing SO badly in the ratings...

Quote: Aaron @ November 21 2008, 4:24 PM GMT

Yes, and My Family is doing SO badly in the ratings...

Aside from that there are not too many others are there?

It's not been the trend of late. My Hero is along the same lines, and I'm pretty sure the only reason that's gone is the departure of Ardal O'Hanlon. And that Home Again or whatever it was called suffered from shocking direction more than anything else.

However, everything I read and hear suggests that it's the exact type of comedy channels have been looking to commission recently. Which makes it all the more surprising that they'd cancel After You've Gone, of all shows.

So hopefully something will come along soon to replace it. :)

I've got this on in the background - some of the lines have actually been quite good this week. I'm in shock.

If she'd waited to see this week's episode, Jay Hunt wouldn't have cancelled the show.