Going to see stand-up Page 14

I went specifically to see Andrew Lawrence at the Soho Theatre last year. He was brilliant, and *so* funny. He is a bit weird though, but I'd go see him over Will Smith (personally) any day.

For reasons we don't need to go into, I got my Valentine's Day pressie early yesterday and my g/f got me ticks to see Tim Minchin in October! Bosch!

:)

Dan

I think he is just not to everyone's taste and I can see how *(not wanting to be sexist) but he'd appeal to men primarily. His drop ins about shaking babies to death and abortions cross the line from being funny to gross and unfunny.

Sounds like I'd like him then!

Probably :(

On Thursday I am going to a friend of mine's launch of his new comedy club in The White Heart, Kennington, South London.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=53499543406

Should be a good night.

"There'll be comedy, songs, warmth, chocolate, drink and amazing food and some of these things will come from the following people:
- Gentlemanly Andrew Watts
- Vivacious Brigitte Aphrodite (One of Volt mag's "women to look out for in 09")
- A famous TV comic whose name we can't publicise and who we are not going to make a fuss about at all, oh no, no, no
- Definitely not gentlemanly Lee Nelson (who's in Al Murray's new sketch show on ITV the following night)."

If anyone else decides to go let me know. :)

Aw, I love Andrew Lawrence!!

He's mega weird, but very endearing, I think.

Saw Jimmy Carr last night as part of his 'Joke Technician' tour. Funny jokes and one liners throughout but there were that many that today I can hardly remember any.. maybe that's to do with my memory though Errr

I am going to see Jeff Dunham tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxYBceSNUrM

The "Silence I Kill you" guy.

Although, I saw his DVD and it's pretty good.

Quote: Nigel Kelly @ March 2 2009, 2:51 PM BST

Saw Jimmy Carr last night as part of his 'Joke Technician' tour. Funny jokes and one liners throughout but there were that many that today I can hardly remember any.. maybe that's to do with my memory though Errr

Although I'm not really a fan of Carr, I've met him twice and he's a really nice guy. And he works bloody hard when touring.

I went to see Ross Noble and Richard Herring within the last few weeks.

Both were very good. I do with Herring would be on the telly more though.

Lucy Porter tomorrow night. I hear she's good.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ April 7 2009, 2:18 PM BST

Lucy Porter tomorrow night. I hear she's good.

Dan

Keep meaning to see her, nearly did in Gravesend but the gig got cancelled so ended up having a few drinks with her, she is genuinly lovely.

Saw Ross Noble on Monday in Dartford, and was excellent am now hungry for more and to do more.

D

Quote: EllieJP @ April 7 2009, 2:07 PM BST

I am going to see Jeff Dunham tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxYBceSNUrM

The "Silence I Kill you" guy.

Although, I saw his DVD and it's pretty good.

In Hammersmith?
Aaron and I walked past the venue, I think. I had to ask him who the hell Jeff Dunham was. :)

Yep at Hammersmith.

Quote: Seefacts @ April 7 2009, 2:13 PM BST

I do with Herring would be on the telly more though.

Theefacth hath devewoped a withp in hith witing.

Quote: zooo @ April 8 2009, 1:16 PM BST

Aaron and I walked past the venue, I think.

Yes, yes we did. :)

Lucy Porter on Wednesday night. Very, very good though it did have this feeling more of her discussing her autobiography rather than out-and-out (or down-and-out, if you've seen it ;) ) comedy. Though that was probably the middle-classness of Farnham for you!

Supported by Paddy Lennox, who I wasn't sure about at first, but after his Gremlins reference, won me over completely :)

Dan