Going to see stand-up Page 19

Quote: Jonwo @ July 7 2009, 11:47 PM BST

I'm seeing Rhys Darby at The Bloomsbury Theatre followed by Wil Anderson at the Riverside Studios and Simon Amstell in October.

I saw Simon Amstell and got to meet him :D

Saw Sean Lock in Farnham last night. He did two hours and was very funny.

He doesn't stick to a single point and totally meanders about subjects, talking about lots of things, but he's ridiculously likeable and bounces off the audience really well. It's certainly the gig that felt most like a bloke talking to his mates in the pub!

Well worth seeing.

Dan

Quote: Tony Cowards @ October 28 2009, 12:04 PM GMT

Milton Jones is where it's at, his new show Milton's Paradise Jones is brilliant fun for anyone who loves skillfully crafted one-liners and silly prop jokes.

www.chortle.co.uk/comics/m/415/milton_jones

Even if you think you don't like this style of humour go see him - you can't help but laugh.

Quote: swerytd @ December 4 2009, 9:26 AM GMT

He doesn't stick to a single point and totally meanders about subjects, talking about lots of things, but he's ridiculously likeable and bounces off the audience really well. It's certainly the gig that felt most like a bloke talking to his mates in the pub!

Well worth seeing.

Dan

Sounds like a good night. I've always found him to be really good when I've seen him.

Quote: swerytd @ December 4 2009, 9:26 AM GMT

Well worth seeing.

Dan

I like him too and have been following him (not stalker like) for a long time now, but when he got a break to be on a panel show (I think Mock the Week) his style didn't work well at all.

I saw Stewart Lee last week and he was superb!

How he delivers the long pauses and endless repetition just shows the skill and mastery of his craft, not many other people would be allowed to get away with nevermind make it funny.

He really was very, very good.

Quote: Daddy Maz @ December 18 2009, 11:44 AM GMT

How he delivers the long pauses and endless repetition just shows the skill and mastery of his craft,

Tell that to the two girls who were behind me as I was leaving.

'Why did he keep saying that? He should've done more jokes'

>_<

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 18 2009, 12:44 PM GMT

Tell that to the two girls who were behind me as I was leaving.

'Why did he keep saying that? He should've done more jokes'

>_<

Maybe they went home and laughed their socks off to Lenny Henry's hotel adverts you just never know, one man's blah blah is another's blah.

I get that nobody gets a 100% hit rate. (Were they wearing McIntyre t-shirts?)

Went to the most intimate comedy gig ever at the weekend. Nearly half the audience were BCG posters... ;)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ December 21 2009, 2:00 PM GMT

Went to the most intimate comedy gig ever at the weekend. Nearly half the audience were BCG posters... ;)

I think I read something about that in Dante's Inferno.

And we all got picked on. :(

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ December 21 2009, 2:00 PM GMT

Where was that Dolly? The one I missed out on?

Quote: chipolata @ December 21 2009, 2:07 PM GMT

I think I read something about that in Dante's Inferno.

Not Dolly's diary?

Quote: EllieJP @ December 21 2009, 2:18 PM GMT

Not Dolly's diary?

I love it when you read my other posts but don't respond to them directly. :$

Quote: chipolata @ December 21 2009, 2:24 PM GMT

I love it when you read my other posts but don't respond to them directly. :$

Lovey

Quote: EllieJP @ December 21 2009, 2:18 PM GMT

Where was that Dolly? The one I missed out on?

Yeah, really, really small crowd. Good laugh though! Shame you couldn't come too.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ December 21 2009, 2:32 PM GMT

Yeah, really, really small crowd. Good laugh though! Shame you couldn't come too.

Yeah, but what gig was it?