Going to see stand-up Page 29

I saw Greg Davies last night. They were recording his latest tour for the DVD. Extremely funny, I'll get it when it comes out.

I went to see Rob Newman doing his new show The Alternative Theory of Evolution last week. It sounds like a subject which might not lend itself too well to stand-up, but the show ran along at a fast pace and had a couple of through-lines that linked everything together nicely (even when a lot of the subject matter is quite disparate).

(Edit: because reading back what I wrote it sounds negative.) There are loads of good jokes and one-man sketches throughout and about three or four really big laughs along the way.

It's definitely a show with a certain perspective on the world and I think it's fair to say that if you're not on board with those ideals, you'll probably be left cold by this one.

And next, I'm going to see the mysterious Canadian comedy legend Baconface in June.

I went to see Lee Nelson Live on 17th May. It was part of his brand new 2013 live tour. It was very funny and entertaining, the show was split into two halves of 40 minutes. The first half, Lee came on for about 10 minutes and told some jokes and had some banter and he then went off and performed three of his sketch show characters which were - Kavos Rep, Jason Bent and Pastor Danielle. Lee then had a 20 minute break and then returned for another 40 minutes as Lee Nelson, which was the better half of the Show. Overall though, a very funny night and I would definitely go and see him again.

I saw Milton Jones' tour On The Road on April 4th in Salisbury. That was very good and a nice split of Milton Jones' grandfather, Chris Martin and Milton Jones.

On the 17th, I'm going to see Jon Richardson at Lyme Regis. That should be good.

Quote: behminztur @ 4th November 2013, 5:46 PM GMT

On the 17th, I'm going to see Jon Richardson at Lyme Regis. That should be good.

Was Jon Richardson any good? I've booked to see him in May.