Going to see stand-up Page 17

I saw Jerry Sienfeld last night at the National Arts Centre in Ottawa.
It was pretty good, I laughed a lot, and that's pretty good for a lengthy stand up act.
His opening act Tom Papa I thought was even funnier though. Check out his website if you have time: http://www.tompapa.com/

Oooh cool! :)

Going to see Ed Byrne on Thursday!!! Very excited about that.

Ooh *jealous* I'd love to see him, hope it's good!

I'm going to see Lee Mack in May, which seems aaages away now.

Yeah me too. :)

Lee Mack will be great!

I'm not.

But as I signed the bring back Not Going Out petition do you think he might send me a free pair?

( I only need one seat now so I don't need three like I used to! )

Ooops, I meant I was looking forward to it... not that I was seeing Lee Mack. Although I did meet him at my local comedy club and he was soooooooo nice to me.

I'm seeing Lee Mack, in May. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Jackson Neil @ July 7 2009, 11:53 AM BST

My fave standup comedians:

1. Dylan Moran
2. Eddie Izzard
3. Bill Bailey
4. Bill Hicks
5. Stewart Lee
6. Sean Lock

All great. Though Hicks has been a bit quiet of late, he hasn't toured a new show in ages. Lazy.

I'm seeing Ricky Gervais and Jimmy Carr in November, Rhod Gilbert in Feb and Frankie Boyle in April...

Oh, and 'The Pet Shop Boys' in December...

What?

Whistling nnocently

Quote: EllieJP @ September 14 2009, 5:22 PM BST

Ooops, I meant I was looking forward to it... not that I was seeing Lee Mack. Although I did meet him at my local comedy club and he was soooooooo nice to me.

Aww, I imagine him to be nice, so that's good!

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 14 2009, 5:24 PM BST

I'm seeing Lee Mack, in May. Whistling nnocently

:O

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 14 2009, 5:25 PM BST

All great. Though Hicks has been a bit quiet of late, he hasn't toured a new show in ages. Lazy.

Are we talking like....a 'Weekend at Bernie's' style comeback tour?

Saw Ross Noble's Things last night in London. As usual he was very funny, but did lose me in places when he just went a bit *too* surreal. Good night's entertainment though -- and I did giggle quite a bit in some places. Saw him five years ago and he was just as good. He's a bit bigger now, but to be fair, so am I ;)

Dan

Quote: EllieJP @ September 14 2009, 3:40 PM BST

Going to see Ed Byrne on Thursday!!! Very excited about that.

I forgot to say about seeing him... I'd TOTALLY forgotten I'd seen him before at a much smaller venue and was dissapointed I knew his act and knew all the punch lines, but hey. But that is not to say I didn't enjoy it and could see everyone else found it funny too. My favourite part (partly due to already having seen him) was his interaction with the audience. He's VERY good at it but obviously doesn't want to use too much.

Daniel Kitson on Thursday. Looking forward to him as I've never seen him before. And it's in Aldershot, so it should be doubley 'exciting'!

Dan