Going to see stand-up Page 18

I might be going to see Jon Richardson on 11th of Oct, funny guy I loved him on the radio and Matt forde (partner in crime) is funny as well, his laugh makes me laugh,

Matt forde is a bit of a Nottingham legend, or legend in the making.

Daniel Kitson We Are Gathered Here... last Thursday -- very good. Made me laugh a lot and he's very self-aware. Recommended.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ September 28 2009, 10:16 AM BST

Daniel Kitson We Are Gathered Here... last Thursday -- very good. Made me laugh a lot and he's very self-aware. Recommended.

Dan

I tried to get tickets for that in Reading but it was sold out. But did get tickets to see Richard Herring's Hitler moustache.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ September 28 2009, 10:18 AM BST

I tried to get tickets for that in Reading but it was sold out. But did get tickets to see Richard Herring's Hitler moustache.

Oooh -- wanted to see that. When you going (and where)?

Kitson strutted out on Thursday, having been told he had sold out. There were some empty seats right down the front and he had to suddenly become more humble. It was a very funny bit (not part of the act, but good riffing)

Dan

Next March at a small venue in Reading.

Going to get tickets to see Stuart Lee at the Soho Theatre today (I think the gig's in December). Fancy that?

I'm going to see Stew in Guildford in Nov, thanks. Don't take that away from me -- no-one comes here! I can *walk* to the gig! :)

Can't find any 'Hitler Moustache' shows anywhere but Folkestone(!). Hopefully he'll tour it later on.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ September 28 2009, 10:39 AM BST

I'm going to see Stew in Guildford in Nov, thanks. Don't take that away from me -- no-one comes here! I can *walk* to the gig! :)

Can't find any 'Hitler Moustache' shows anywhere but Folkestone(!). Hopefully he'll tour it later on.

Dan

Yeah, but's that Stew 'I could crush a grape' Francis you're going to see in Guildford. ;)

For Richard Herring try here; www.readingarts.com

I'm going to see Kitson on 17th November and Stewart Lee two days later, both at the Liverpool Playhouse Cool

I saw Tim Minchin's Ready For This at the Hammersmith Apollo on Friday night. It was f**king brilliant. He's a very, very intelligent bloke and his songs drag you in before he cleverly switches it into a laugh. They're not just joke songs -- you fully sympathise/empathise with what he's singing about and you can 'feel' it, if you know what I mean. He's an excellent singer too. The stand-up portions are extremely well-crafted too.

I'd recommend this and his So F**king Rock DVD, which is one of the most polished stand-up sets I've ever seen.

(Yes, I know it sounds like I have a big man-crush on him. And that's probably not far wrong...)

Dan

I'm very jealous! Glad it was great. I love his So F**king What DVD and his CDs. He was great with Jonathan Ross last week too.

I'd really like to see Daniel Kitson. Must get to one of his gigs one day...

I'll be off to see Stewart Lee's new show next month!

In addition to my 'see Tim Minchin's DVD show' advice yesterday -- it appears to be on on E4 on Sunday (1st Nov) at 11:10pm (and E4+1 an hour later). I'm pretty sure it's So F**king What as his other DVDs are Australia-only.

Quote: JuliaC @ October 27 2009, 8:17 PM BST

I'm very jealous! Glad it was great. I love his So F**king What DVD and his CDs. He was great with Jonathan Ross last week too.

I bought all his CDs at the show -- working through them now. They are awesome!

Quote: Ben @ October 27 2009, 8:51 PM BST

I'd really like to see Daniel Kitson. Must get to one of his gigs one day...

Ben -- Kitson's remaining We Are Gathered Here tour dates.

He wants to do a smaller (re-)tour of 66a Church Road - A Lament made of Memories and Kept in Suitcases next March, April, May with a London run too, but this is a bit woolly at the mo'. Might be worth bearing in mind though.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ October 28 2009, 10:27 AM BST

I bought all his CDs at the show -- working through them now. They are awesome!

:D I think Not Perfect, Rock and Roll Nerd and Canvas Bags are my favourites.

I heartily agree! :)

Dan

Milton Jones is where it's at, his new show Milton's Paradise Jones is brilliant fun for anyone who loves skillfully crafted one-liners and silly prop jokes.

www.chortle.co.uk/comics/m/415/milton_jones

I saw it in Swindon a couple of weeks back and it was fantastic and amazing it was completely new, there was no recycled jokes from his previous tour 18 months ago, which is incredible enough for any comedian let alone one with Milton's gag rate.

Go see.