Fawlty Towers Page 20

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 9th February 2023, 12:47 PM

So you won't be watching it, then.

No, It is not possible to reserve the BBC 2 channel from the commencement of this televisual feast

Quote: lofthouse @ 9th February 2023, 5:13 PM

No, It is not possible to reserve the BBC 2 channel from the commencement of this televisual feast

Will it be BBC? I hope so as I don't have the other channels.

It does sound like the sort of thing Sky would do.

It'll be on Dave.

(!)

Quote: Chappers @ 9th February 2023, 5:59 PM

If it comes to fruition, it'll likely be on a streaming service.

Quote: Chappers @ 9th February 2023, 5:59 PM

John Cleese was interviewed on GB News earlier, and he said the new series definitely won't be on the BBC. He also said that Basil's new hotel will be in the Caribbean, with a diverse cast of characters, and won't necessarily be the 'anti-woke' thing that many critics are assuming. (He's due to start presenting his own show on GB News later in the year, which is where he'll get his outlet for social/political commentary).

It sounds brilliant.

No it doesn't.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 10th February 2023, 8:04 AM

No it doesn't.

Is this a five minute argument, or the full half hour ?

😁

One of my all time favourite sketches - perfectly written and performed. Python at their best.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 10th February 2023, 8:04 AM

No it doesn't.

You clearly don't enjoy unnecessary reboots!

Detail from the GB News interview (and full clip) here: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/7185/fawlty-towers-sequel/

I'm intrigued. More relaxed and optimistic about seeing it now.

Where's Mark David Chapman when you need him?

Quote: Aaron @ 10th February 2023, 12:06 PM

Detail from the GB News interview.

😲 You'll have the woke brigade up in arms if you keep mentioning that channel! But you seem to have got away with it this time

I'm still sceptical. For one thing, if he's appealing to GB News audience, who were presumably tuning in in their tens, that doesn't bode well.

But the Carribean doesn't really fit. Fawlty Towers was meant to be the epitome of middling, a rubbish hotel in a crummy seaside town. Plonking it in the Carribean changes the entire feel.