Fawlty Towers Page 28

Michael Gwynn, one of my all time favourite actors, ever since watching him as Joe Gargery in the BBC production of Great Expectations way back in 1959 - haven't a hope in hell of ever seeing that again. 😌

Not unless someone on here has "contacts" - that is if it is still in the Beeb archive, which I doubt.

What are everybody's thoughts on the new West End show? I think it looks like a lot of fun. I'm most intrigued by Cleese having written a new ending which ties together the plots of the three episodes.

Yeah, agreed. I hope to get to see it!

Some readers may have missed the news about the Fawlty Towers play in the first place, so here's the link: https://www.comedy.co.uk/live/news/7740/fawlty-towers-play/

"John Cleese has written a stage version of Fawlty Towers. It'll premiere at London's Apollo Theatre in May".

Funny to think of Paul Nicholas (i.e. the bloke from Just Good Friends) as The Major!

Quote: a plate @ 2nd February 2024, 8:59 PM

Funny to think of Paul Nicholas (i.e. the bloke from Just Good Friends) as The Major!

To be fair he did used to dance with the Captain.

Sounds like he's been very busy then what with this and the new FT spin off we're promised. We probably have all his ex wives to thank for this. 🙂

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 2nd February 2024, 9:33 PM

To be fair he did used to dance with the Captain.

Ah yes, I wonder if that was at Grandma's Party.

As a dog returns to his vomit, so Cleese returns to Fawlty Towers.

We'll see.

Bought my ticket for the matinee on Wednesday 14 August. So you're all welcome to book any other performance.