Fawlty Towers Page 27

Waldorf Salad? My least favourite by a c**ty mile.
The car thrashing scene is a good example of Cleese's professionalism. It's set up by the car not functioning earlier and he spent ages tryna find just the right kinda branch. I reckon John Cleese might have a future in comedy, if he plays his cards right.

No he would want to flood shows with jokes and laughs and hilarious scenes, you'd end up getting distracted - by laughing n stuff

That's old hat

The guy has potential though. We'll see.

There's a very moving article by Timothy West about his beloved wife Prunella Scales in today's Daily Mail.

Yes I know most of you are so anti the Mail that you probably won't read it.

He's got a memoir about their marriage being published in a few weeks:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/people/timothy_west/shop/8004/pru-and-me/

Quote: Chappers @ 9th September 2023, 2:16 PM

There's a very moving article by Timothy West about his beloved wife Prunella Scales in today's Daily Mail.

Yes I know most of you are so anti the Mail that you probably won't read it.

Don't be silly Chappers, the arts/culture bits of the paper are fine. I actually quite like their telly guide (it's the rest of the tedious culture war nonsense that's dire)..

It's good for lining the cat litter tray as well.

Quote: beaky @ 9th September 2023, 7:10 PM

It's good for lining the cat litter tray as well.

I found the Morning Star more absorbent

The Star does contain more crap, but only just.

The Express is the worst - everything political is copied and pasted directly from Tory Central Office, with the big words taken out for the stupid readers.

Quote: Firkin @ 10th September 2023, 6:42 AM

The Star does contain more crap, but only just.

Oh, and let's not forget the Graudian

Saw Lord Melbury in an early episode of Colditz today

This time playing a Nazi !

Quote: lofthouse @ 10th September 2023, 4:18 PM

Saw Lord Melbury in an early episode of Colditz today

This time playing a Nazi !

Had a ganders at his IMDB page and he was the priest in Jason And The Argonauts! He had a long career before the Lord Melbury role but not many comedic roles (from what I can see on IMDB) so I would love to know how he got the part and if there was open casting for Melbury or if John Cleese or someone else involved in Fawlty Towers offered it to him. He looks about 70 in the episode but was only 59 when he died.

He was an RAF officer in Some Mother's too

He was in What a Carve Up