- 1982 - 1992
- BBC One
- 85 (1 pilot + 9 series)
- Gorden Kaye, Carmen Silvera, Vicki Michelle, Richard Marner, Kim Hartman, Guy Siner, Kirsten Cooke, Richard Gibson and more
- Jeremy Lloyd, David Croft and Paul Adam
- David Croft, Robin Carr, Martin Dennis, Susan Belbin, Richard Boden, Mike Stephens, Sue Longstaff and John B Hobbs
- David Croft, Mike Stephens and John B Hobbs
Occupied France. A small village, Nouvion, has - at its heart - an equally small café, run by René Artois and his wife, Edith. But all is not as it seems at Café René, for the proprietor is the unwitting and unwilling hero of the French resistance; codename Nighthawk.
René struggles through the war, treading a dangerous line between the French resistance, the communist resistance and the occupying German forces, in order to keep his business afloat and his person out of a coffin. Not to mention keeping his affairs with each of his two waitresses hidden from the other - and certainly hidden from his wife!
- Also known as
- 'Allo 'Allo
- Camera set-up
- Theme tune composed by Roy Moore and David Croft.
- First broadcast
- Thursday 30th December 1982 at 8:25pm on BBC One
- Next repeats
- Most recent repeats
- BBC Television Centre - Pilot and Series 1 - 4
- Norfolk - Location filming from Series 1 onwards
- BBC Elstree Centre - Series 5