TILT - topical Radio 7 comedy Page 4

:)

I listened to fifteen minutes of it online and I have to admit I didn't find it terribly funny. There were some good ideas there but the performances were way OTT. I too was surprised at how broad the comedy was. I was expecting every story to be ripped out of that weeks headlines. I might even have a stab at it myself so long as they're taking off TV shows and doing space alien bits. That's so long as they'll have me now I've ragged all over their show.

PS. I didn't hear your contribution yet, Griff, so please don't take this as a slight.

Well done Griff. Heard your sketch on TILT and did like it, thought it worked well. Enjoyed the show actually especially the way they went after the way news is broadcast.

I have to say I didn't think it was that bad at all. I enjoyed it. Having listened to a few other topical radio sketch shows it certainly compares well. At least you can see what stuff their looking for if you think you can do better.

Well done to the guys that got stuff in first time!

nice one griff. a nice addition to the CV! Am going to give it a listen on t'internet in a jiffy.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ March 28, 2008, 11:03 AM

I have to say I didn't think it was that bad at all. I enjoyed it. Having listened to a few other topical radio sketch shows it certainly compares well. At least you can see what stuff their looking for if you think you can do better.

Well done to the guys that got stuff in first time!

I agree with all this.

I quite enjoyed it and didn't think there was anything wrong with the performances - quite the opposite in fact. Best sketches for me were the news ticker and Eastenders one. The Paul McCartney anagram sketch was clever.

Like is said above, it wasn't as topical as I was expecting though. Perhaps that's just because it was the first week and so they needed to pad it with some pre-prepared stuff?

The one thing that annoyed me was the audience laughter - it didn't seem to have been recorded particularly well and so jarred with the sketches. I understand subsequent weeks will be recorded from the BBC Radio Theatre though so that might improve sound quality (tickets for the recordings still available incidently).

p.s. For anyone that missed it, the Listen Again link is: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/bbc7_aod.shtml?bbc7/tilt

The Newsticker sketch was great!
I forgot that one. They fit a lot in, which is good.

Quote: Mark @ March 28, 2008, 12:00 PM

I quite enjoyed it and didn't think there was anything wrong with the performances - quite the opposite in fact. Best sketches for me were the news ticker and Eastenders one. The Paul McCartney anagram sketch was clever.

Yeah there were quite a few good sketches, good satire and I didn't think the performances were bad at all.

I enjoyed the show and there was quite a lot that made me laugh. I also thought that the performances were good.

My only other comment is, and as others have said too, first edition seemed to be a bit at odds with the brief or at least the brief as I had interpreted it. But now having heard the show's style then it's a lot clearer about what will and what won't work.

Thumbs up from this fella!

PS Really liked your item Griff Well done.

Well done Griff. Great stuff on getting one in:)

Do you get paid for it?

Quote: Griff @ March 28, 2008, 6:50 PM

Yes, as far as I know there is payment. I don't know how much though!

Ace! One for the CV.

Hi,

Bit of a newbie who's posted a couple of times on here. Went to the recording and thought it was great (hey, I remember the Monster sketch - it was - Monster :) Superb work! ).

Recognised some of the performers from 'Recorded for Training Purposes'. The news ticker sketch was sooo psychologically astute and funny. Both of my mates and I liked the Tanya Offeastenders sketch and the Curse of Comedy sketch as well. At least that's what we talked about afterwards when we went to the pub next door and listened to free jazz! All very convenient and enjoyable despite the pouring rain outside. "Up the Creek" is a nice venue too with a statue reading the Beano above the doorway! Must listen to the finished Tilt product now!

Alec Guiness?!!

And I get told my jokes are of a different era!

Didn't laugh but first one only so probably worth another listen.

Well done Griff!

Aid n I worked on national headlines too so bit surprised at actual content.

Might send some stuff in if that's the level.

Good work Griff.