TILT - topical Radio 7 comedy Page 11

Quote: Martin Holmes @ April 4 2008, 2:40 PM BST

Listened to the show for the first time today. It was alright, I actually laughed a fair bit at the Sausages sketch. There were some flat bits and I really don't like the "George Bush is an idiot" voice samples, it has been done so much and is also an obvious stereotype which I thought this show wasn't going to use.

Anyway the show is decent enough and it's still finding it's feet, think people are been a bit harsh on it, plus the one liners I've seen on here haven't been funny at all, just sub-On The Hour/Day Today style stuff that isn't at all original. My opinion of course. :)

Problem is it's an area so well conquered by Morris/Iannucci/Baynham whoever that it's hard to go back there really.

Quote: Seefacts @ April 4 2008, 2:41 PM BST

Problem is it's an area so well conquered by Morris/Iannucci/Baynham whoever that it's hard to go back there really.

Oh definitely. I don't think spoof news shows can ever be made again really, because it was perfected so well by Iannucci, Morris et al. I mean look at Broken News, how that even managed to get on TV I'll never be quite sure, it was a blatant rip off of The Day Today, even down to the sketch about a person been pierced by frozen urine (it may have just been frozen water in Broken News but it was basically the same thing).

Reminds me, talking of stuff that has been done before. is it me or has a very similar thing to the distraught weather girl talking about her days being grey and her boyfriend leaving her, been done before, and not that long ago? On tv I think, but can't remember which show. Was it Man stroke Woman perhaps?

I finally listened to Tilt last night.

It didn't make me laugh, but I didn't find it quite offensive as some people on here. It just sounded like standard BBC Radio comedy fare. I'm going to send a couple of pieces in this week as it's a good addition to any CV.

The under two's news was truly horrific, though.

There's room for topical radio shows, but not a spoof news show.

I agree. I'd like to see it move away from the news spoof angle (which has been done better by others) and do more topical sketches.

Hmm. The brief does say:

"Tilt isn’t a spoof news programme, but it’s hard to poke fun at all things topical without turning an eye to the ways in which we receive news. And for that matter, sport, weather, or celebrity gossip."

Do you think they just don't read submissions sent after 3pm Tuesday? Or that they might read them, but look at them last, if they're desperate and you're lucky.

I suspect you move into next weeks pile, and count as a submission for that week. I think the readers may only come in for a couple of days a week. That said, there is every chance that some one might read it before then, and if you are unbelievably good might notice you.

I sent some at 2:59.

Might send another later if I ever get it finished. Just in case.

If you send them later, stick a note on saying sorry for the delay.

Sent all mine on Sunday, cos I'm a good apple polisher, who does his homework on time.

Quote: sootyj @ April 8 2008, 3:27 PM BST

If you send them later, stick a note on saying sorry for the delay.

:) Good idea. Ooh, you are concientious.

Quote: sootyj @ April 8 2008, 3:27 PM BST

I'm a good apple polisher, who does his homework on time.

The innuendo is overwhelming.

Aaron if you're what I think you're implying, do you have an apple shaped penis?

Yeah - it's a cox.

Laughing out loud