TILT - topical Radio 7 comedy Page 7

How rude!

Nursemaid Aaron.
Got a nice ring to it.

Do they tell you beforehand if your works made it? Or do you have to listen to find out?

I take it my Apprentice sketch didn't get in, Griff?

I sent these spoof headlines as well:

Cameron's Bike Actually Very Thin Car
Tescos To Stock Organic Leonard Nimoy
Gordon Brown Tells Heron "Peck This!"
NHS Merges With BHS, Sale Now On
Fire Eater Steals Olympic Flame, Games In Doubt

I've been to the recording of the first two 'Tilts' and to be honest, the first was a promising start, but last night's was, IMHO, very ordinary. There was just no pace, no light and shade, no atmosphere. Half the time the audience had no idea that the sketch had actually finished and as a result there were often pregnant pauses and then stilted applause, or just plain silence. Maybe 25% of the material got spontaneous and hearty laughs, the rest was received politely or with little or no reaction at times. It was bordering on embarrassing at several times throughout the hour or so that it took to record it.

Indeed, the funniest moment of the night was when one of the players corpsed several times over his lines, reducing the audience to howling laughter. Maybe they should just have done a half hour of those sort of moments, it would have been better. A word of advice for the production team, please, get someone to prompt the crowd next time. It may just improve the whole experience for everyone, as I am sure the personnel involved were just as aware that it wasn't going great at times.

Quote: Winterlight @ April 3 2008, 4:38 PM BST

I take it my Apprentice sketch didn't get in, Griff?

I sent these spoof headlines as well:

Cameron's Bike Actually Very Thin Car
Tescos To Stock Organic Leonard Nimoy
Gordon Brown Tells Heron "Peck This!"
NHS Merges With BHS, Sale Now On
Fire Eater Steals Olympic Flame, Games In Doubt

I love the first one, but didn't get the rest.

I liked the last one best.

The middle 3 were just nonsense ones. I went a bit 'the day today'.

I imagine it varies as to whether you hear beforehand. I noticed on one of the Tilt pages two contributors talk about their sketch being used. Griff says he was emailed on the day, while a woman says she went to the recording and nearly spat her wine out when she heard her sketch used.

I imagine it depends on how much of a dialogue you've had beforehand. I presume Griff that you'd spoken to them a bit and have had previous contact with the beeb. It sounds like you were involved in the development of the sketch, while many will simply send stuff in and cross fingers. That's what I've done.

Perhaps I should take advantage of the BBC global address book, but that seems a bit rude!

Quote: Barbs @ April 3 2008, 8:48 PM BST

I noticed on one of the Tilt pages

What Tilt pages are these?

main page (with Griff and woman): http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7/comedy/progpages/tilt.shtml

writers' room: http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/opportunity/tilt.shtml

Oh bless. I didn't even know that was there! Griff you sly fox.

Thanks Barbs. :)

Any of the attendees of the second recording know if there was a sketch used about the real first human recording ever made?

Probably not, but I thought I'd ask in the hopelessly naive hope that someone will say yes.

well crill in 2 and a half hours you'll know

Yeah, but I'm in South Africa, so by then it will be half twelve. I'll be trying to stay up but with a 6 week old baby in the house, I tend to drift off before emidnight. ;)

ah well I'll let you know