TILT - topical Radio 7 comedy Page 12

Very good.

http://forums.chortle.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=262440&sid=a5675f30ce623064ec89da467df8b60f

Thought you might like to know Victoria seems to be discussing Tilt on Chortle.

well that was informative... Cheers Sooty

:)

Last week's show was better on a second listen but did anyone go to this week's recording?

Am I right in saying that if you haven't heard anything back by now then it's more than likely that you haven't got anything in the show this week? Or is it a listen and find out affair?

Don't you think the girl of the 2 children reading the news sounds remarkably like the little girl in Absolutely?

Yeah, I thought that the first time. Morwenna Banks was ace. (Is, probably.)

I heard it, it was actually pretty good.

I think Thursday afternoon is the usual time to hear from Tilt.

Keep reaching for that rainbow.

I liked the Ant & Dec sketch.

I thought this was much better. Nice pace, still don't like the baby news or the Ruth government sketches but the rest was quite good. I liked the three pigs movie clip.

Not a bad episode. I find myself asking the question, how much of this was written in the last week? Most of this would seem to be a collection of the shows main writers skits that may have been written some time this year.

They have commissioned writers, none commissioned who write in advance (a month or so), and commissioned writers who were also writing in advance. So I would guess they're only looking for about half a dozen skits a week.

I mean it makes sense, the closing submission date is Tuesday afternoon, the play date is Thursday afternoon

Probably leaves only a day, and a half to rehearse new stuff.

I love NR, but look at how rough there stuff is with 2-3 days of rehersal.

Quote: Splodge @ April 10 2008, 6:34 PM BST

Last week's show was better on a second listen

It's hard enough getting through it once, let alone twice.

Quote: sootyj @ April 11 2008, 9:53 AM BST

They have commissioned writers, none commissioned who write in advance (a month or so), and commissioned writers who were also writing in advance. So I would guess they're only looking for about half a dozen skits a week.

I mean it makes sense, the closing submission date is Tuesday afternoon, the play date is Thursday afternoon

Probably leaves only a day, and a half to rehearse new stuff.

I love NR, but look at how rough there stuff is with 2-3 days of rehersal.

It's recorded on a Wednesdays to give them time to edit, so there's even less time to rehearse then that (Although they'd perform with script in hand making it a lot easier then a live show)

It would be intresting to see a breakdown of what was actually non-commissioned; there's quite a few elements that I'm guessing are mostly advanced writers stuff. (I still don't feel the headlines/spoof news part has really materialized anywhere.)

You're right it's only a day.

I'm not sure having the scripts, makes to much diference to the actual performing.

I think a lot of these shows start with good intentions, but pretty soon the shear logistics of trying to sift through all the non-commissioned material becomes too much and they fall back on a small pool of writers known to them.