Teenage Kicks Page 2

Vent was *really* good (both series). Very clever and not really in the style of Ben Elton. The 'background' sitcom that they refer to, in contrast, was very 'Ben Elton' (though obviously a spoof). It's worth a listen if you get the chance.

Dan

I will. If I can find it anywhere.

Read that article about the coma. Sad stuff. Also explains why he's not been around. Though, it is weird that no one mentioned him in the recording of the shows I was there for.

We went to see the radio shows being recorded and then the pilot for the TV show. All was funny and looking forward to the show (though it seems to have taken an *age* for it to finally get screened).

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ March 22, 2008, 12:19 AM

though it seems to have taken an *age* for it to finally get screened

It has been a while hasn't it... I guess the long-season of Moving Wallpaper meant it had to wait. It works out quite well though as it now gets to be coupled with the delayed Benidorm.

Quote: Aaron @ March 21, 2008, 9:10 PM

See, I don't agree with that. Yes they've done a handful of shows, to varying success, but they're not exactly hugely important, influential personalities. Or are they?

I would agree with David Chapman's comments. Elton, French & Saunder, Edmondson are the big cheese who have all achieved their success and place in the comedy world. As for the comment on various success, I think more credit is due. In each of their endeavours they have brought us hugely successful comedy, the cream of which includes; The Young Ones, Blackadder, Absolutely Fabulous, Bottom, Vicar of Dibley.

I wouldn't say that anyone has to be a fan of the Elton & Co brigade, but I do think that they should get respect for what they have achieved in this genre and the position that they hold.

As for Mayall, as much as I like his work my feeling is that he has gone insane. I am kidding of course, but I worry that there may be a shred of truth to the idea. I have read comments elsewhere on people concerned about him and his actions since his quad bike accident.

Def.

I do feel that ITV are taking something of a risk putting this and Benidorm against torchwood.

Luckily Torchwood's nearly finished.

You see that person poking you in the eye?
That's me that is.

Quote: Deferenz @ March 28, 2008, 2:02 PM

As for Mayall, as much as I like his work my feeling is that he has gone insane. I am kidding of course, but I worry that there may be a shred of truth to the idea. I have read comments elsewhere on people concerned about him and his actions since his quad bike accident.

Def.

I understand he suffers from epilepsy since the accident though.

Quote: zooo @ March 28, 2008, 3:30 PM

You see that person poking you in the eye?
That's me that is.

Laughing out loud

Quote: David Chapman @ March 28, 2008, 4:35 PM

I understand he suffers from epilepsy since the accident though.

Then he truly is a dude. (I saw him as B'Stard a couple of years ago, in that play wot I can't remember the name of. Very good, very impressed. :))

Quote: Deferenz @ March 28, 2008, 2:02 PM

I would agree with David Chapman's comments. Elton, French & Saunder, Edmondson are the big cheese who have all achieved their success and place in the comedy world. As for the comment on various success, I think more credit is due. In each of their endeavours they have brought us hugely successful comedy, the cream of which includes; The Young Ones, Blackadder, Absolutely Fabulous, Bottom, Vicar of Dibley.

I still maintain otherwise. Similar to persons like Galton & Simpson, they're well respected and revered by others. When they speak, people do listen. Yes they pop up on occasion in different shows, and Saunders has had a couple of vehicles recently, but they don't actually have any real influence any more. The real "big cheese" types at present are the likes of Merchant, Gervais, Bain and Armstrong, and a handful of commissioners. They make the comedy world move, they have real current influence and 'power', as t'were. The big cheeses.

No?

It's pretty good and I will watch it again but the daughter kinda gets on my nerves.

To over the top.

Oh, I really enjoyed that. I lol'ed a number of times. Ade & The Chinese character were great. I thought the son was a bit boring though.

Hrm. I'm guessing I shouldn't have watched it with the preverbial 'Rik/Ade' glasses on. I was aching to see some punches.

I think good, but not outstanding.

Quote: Richard Wells @ March 28, 2008, 9:57 PM

It's pretty good and I will watch it again but the daughter kinda gets on my nerves.

Yes, the daughter, son and their friend all felt pretty awkward and somewhat forced. I think probably more the performance than the writing, so hopefully they'll settle into their roles.

Had me lol-ing quite a bit though, particularly towards the end. The first few minutes I thought it was going to be shite after all, so was pleasantly surprised.

Still, I can't see many other people around here liking it.

P.S. Abigail Cruttenden. Cor.

Come on for an ITV comedy it was great LOL.

It was though in all seriousness.

Ade Edmondson is great and the line of the night.

Women are only ever after one thing but they won't tell us what it is.

LOL