Teenage Kicks Page 3

I thought it was really, really excellent. Coupled with Benidorm being much better than expected, it was a cracking night for ITV.

Ade Edmondson was as good as ever, it had some great one liners, some decent physical comedy and some nice chemistry. A very good start.

For ITV, certainly. Maybe it's just my hatred for main stream sitcoms.

Quote: Richard Wells @ March 28, 2008, 10:16 PM

Women are only ever after one thing but they won't tell us what it is.

That was the highlight for me. That and realising I had the same pokemon duvet when I was little.

So how old are you now, if you had such a duvet when you "were little"?

"I have 2 CD's. Phil Collins."
"What's the other?"
"Phil Collins Volume 2."

I think that's right. That was one of my other favourite lines.

The Best of Phil Collins (and vol 2).

I was hoping for something along the lines of "Volume two? I'm surprised they managed a first.", but alas, it never came.

Quote: Aaron @ March 28, 2008, 10:24 PM

So how old are you now, if you had such a duvet when you "were little"?

Seventeen. By little I mean ten. :P

I laughed most at the "Hand on cock" joke, but I'm immature.

Loved the little bit of 'Bottom' when he booted the Chinese bloke under the bed.

Quote: Treenifer @ March 28, 2008, 10:29 PM

Seventeen. By little I mean ten. :P

Aha, ok then. :)

I was out so I missed it but going back to the radio show it did seem a bit cliched.

Was it any good?

Read the past dozen or so posts.

I missed the first half, cos I got all caught up in Torchwood. :(

You saw the better part of the show then zooo. Basically though, he lives in the cupboard under the stairs in his kids' house since his wife chucked him out.

(Although as you're all-wise and all-knowing and omnipotent, no doubt you knew that already.)

The "Women are after only one thing" line was all over the trailers so they knew it was a good line.

Avoided this thread until I'd watched it, which I just have. Came on expecting people to have slated it but it just goes to show comedy is a funny matter of taste! I thought it was pretty poor, to be honest, but it did make me think again about the value of an audience - without the laughter I think most lines would have died on their individual arses. It seems to be aiming for the My Family audience, which isn't me to be fair, and it might end up being quite successful.

And yes, I thought this was a very funny line as well:

Quote: Richard Wells @ March 28, 2008, 10:16 PM

Women are only ever after one thing but they won't tell us what it is.

...but Edmondson murdered it (ok, maybe manslaughter is fairer) by delivering it without a pause in the middle. It's funnier with a pause. Isn't it?

PAUSE

Isn't it?

Nope I thought Ade delivered it in impeccible timing and done it fabulously.