Teenage Kicks Page 11

As much as I wanted to like Teenage Kicks, it's just plain bad. I've watched the first three episodes and I can find nothing redeeming about it.

Def.

Absolute garbage! Puerile jokes similar to the drivel watched by my grandson on Nickleodeon. A complete insult to the intelligence. About as funny as a bad case of haemorrhoids. In fact it's a long time since I have seen anything quite so bad.

I tried watching it again on Friday.

I couldn't get through more than the first 5 minutes. I was genuinely embarrassed for them. Ade can't really believe that it's funny.

Yeah saw a bit again the other night, just really really bad. I don't think anyone is been "ultra-critical" or snobby, it really is embarrassing and unfunny. And no I wasn't a fan of Bottom and I'm not really that big a fan of The Young Ones, I do like the old Comic Strip Presents..though.

And I don't 'hate mainstream comedy' either. Not Going Out is one of my favourite sitcoms of recent times and that is mainstream, but with NGO it is actually funny, Teenage Kicks however is just tripe.

I thought I know that riff.

Incendiary Device by Johnny Moped. I don't think I've heard that for about 25 years.

Not sure why everyone seems so down on this. It has some decent lines, and definitely isn't awful. Yeah there's only one plot all about Ade, and it's normally pretty weak, and crosses the line of believable. The Chinese guy is good, but under used, and the girl just can't act comedy.

However isn't it just Ab Fab with Ade instead of Jennifer though. Juxtaposition with kids and adults.

But it has some decent laughs, and given some of the crap we've been served up with no laughs at all it deserves some credit.

Unfortunately I disagree as I think that it is awful and is basically unwatchable.

In this week's episode they said David(AKA "Chinese guy") pays most of the rent. But wasn't it established in the work episode that there Mum bought the house?

Is there Mum making them pay rent?

Friday's one a bit of a dissapointment. I like Ade, and the Chinese guy, but hate his kids. It's the poor ITV version of My Family. Rather like 'Monty Python' and 'The Goodies'

I think it's entirely watchable. And mostly enjoyable.

But it's nowhere near as good as the early series of Ab Fab were.

I shouldn't think Ade does either. But there's nothing wrong with it.

Quote: Bam! @ April 23 2008, 5:17 PM BST

In this week's episode they said David(AKA "Chinese guy") pays most of the rent. But wasn't it established in the work episode that there Mum bought the house?

Is there Mum making them pay rent?

Yes and yes.

(their*)

Quote: Jack Massey @ April 23 2008, 6:17 PM BST

I like Ade, and the Chinese guy, but hate his kids.

Ditto.

Quote: Aaron @ April 23 2008, 8:13 PM BST

Yes and yes.

(their*)

I feel put in my place. :(

*shakes fist in the air in a menacing fashion*

Caught some of this show last night. God, it was terrible.

Really cliched, pedestrian stuff.

Though good to hear Edmondson still does that kind of breathy 'Eh' noise when putting effort into something, like he did on Bottom.

It is a bit lame I know and why am I watching it?

The punk riffs do bring back memories though - Automatic Lover and Babylon's Burning.