Two Pints Series 7 Page 3

Quote: Griff @ January 14, 2008, 12:04 AM

Nick Hancock, maybe.

You cannot possibly compare The Lad Himself to "Two Pints".

Not necessarily Tony, but I've seen people on HHH closer to collapsing than I did on Two Pints last night. Not that that's a criticism of HHH because that's part of the magic of it, but it highlights the ability of the Two Pints team.

Hats off to Susan Nickson. That's by far the best episode she's written in ages. We saw some great hidden talents in that episode. I wonder how many hours Kathryn Drysdale spent practising those tongue twisters? I thought the new barman would be annoying, but he was okay. He must have been delighted to hear that his first episode was going to be live! Only time will tell if the show will work without Jonny though.

Great reviews Tim and earman.

As I think is fairly well documented, I'm really not much of a fan of Two Pints... not a fan at all in fact! Despite that, from what has been said in this thread I decided to give last night's repeat my time, and I'm glad I did.

It hasn't converted me into a fan - in fact I think it safe to say I won't be watching any more episodes (without going into a rant, the 'jokes' are lazily written and signposted a mile off and everything so stereotyped I thought I was watching When The Whistle Blows for a moment).

That said, I take my hat off to them... they did some pretty brave stuff considering it was a live show (bar tricks, playing with fire etc).

And the cast were clearly all very professional about the whole thing. In fact, if it wasn't for the dodgy camera angles, zooms and cuts you wouldn't have know it were live - they all did a fine job and must have rehearsed a lot.

Luke Gell who played the new bar man did particularly well considering, as earman alluded to, that his first appearance was live!

The inside jokes about the show jumping the shark were good too - nice to see the writers realising they're entering absurd territory now. And the jokes about watching themselves on BBC3.

But... what the **** was up with the squeeky voiced one (Louise). Sorry, but talking like that is just not funny or clever no matter which way you look at it in my view.

Anyway, to echo was Tim has said, long may Two Pints continue. It's really not for me, but it's good to know others get a lot of enjoyment from it.

Quote: Mark @ January 15, 2008, 4:01 PM

But... what the **** was up with the squeeky voiced one (Louise). Sorry, but talking like that is just not funny or clever no matter which way you look at it in my view.

Haha, but she's always like that!

Watching it on iPlayer now... really f**king bad.

I wouldn't say it was the worst episode but by no means was it the best, the new guy looks as though he could fit in pretty well (I was getting sick of kelly). I also am interested on how they will cope without Ralf little.

I knew Ralf Little had left, but I was still surprised to see them kill off Jonny. It's really rare for a sitcom to kill off a main character. I can't, at the moment anyway, think of any other sitcom that has done that with the expection of Sarah Alexander's character being killed off in Green Wing. Killing off Mac doesn't count as he was still alive as the final credits rolled.

So, does anyone know why Ralf Little left... and why so permanent?

Like a lot of you I watch it... but have no opinion of whether it's good or bad... but watchable.
I started watching at about the same time as Coupling which I did enjoy.

They killed him? :O

Have I managed to miss the repeat as well as the live showing?

Next showing is 12:15am, Saturday. So don't go to bed too early on Friday night.

I don't think he's been killed off for Good, after all no body was found. He could of done something daft like learnt the way of the dolphin and become king of them, or something shit like that.

I believe he left to 'pursue other projects'.

I think this might end up being the last series of Two Pints. They struggled for over a year to get this one together and you get the feeling some of the other cast and crew are also now quite restless to move on too.

If there is a series eight they'll almost certainly also lose Sheridan Smith (Janet). Now she's finished filming this latest Two Pints series she's off to do some other projects, notably new sitcom Bewitched.

Then again, BBC Three are no doubt desperate to keep the show going - it could be one of these sitcoms which struggles on even after most of the original cast and crew have left!

I've just iplayered it. How boring is my Thursday evening? I actually found it pretty funny.

And he has a John Barrowman themed pub!

Quote: Mark @ January 17, 2008, 6:30 PM

Then again, BBC Three are no doubt desperate to keep the show going - it could be one of these sitcoms which struggles on even after most of the original cast and crew have left!

I hope not.I'm not sure how the show will work without Jonny, let alone the rest of the characters.

I hate Ralf Little cos he used to go out with Lisa Rogers. Completely irrelevant but I had to say it Angry