Two Pints Series 7

Well uhhh, this'll come to a joy for many members I'm sure, but series 7 of Two Pints of Lager... And a Packet of Crisps kicks off this coming Sunday (13th January) with the first episode broadcast LIVE from TV Centre. Even if you don't like the show, I think it'll be very interesting viewing to see the ep going out live, and I for one will be tuning in.

Any reasonable (not just "it's shit" Rolling eyes) comments?

Awesome. Although I better finish watching Series 6 on DVD first.

I love 2 Pints, it's in my top 20 or 30 sitcoms ever. It's hilarious. It's crude and sometimes it's stupid, but it makes me laugh.

I'm guessing that most of this series will be farmed out to writers like Danny Peak and ariane Sherrine rather than Susan Nickson, whose comedy menopause has come early, so it might have some good moments.

Ralph little remains the show's biggest handicap, since he doesn't bother to learn his lines and isn't naturally funny.

No doubt Sheridan Smiths tits will also be barging their way into scenes unnecessarily, although since she's now going out with that fat c*nt from Gavin & Stacey, she may have put on a few pounds herself.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ January 7, 2008, 4:34 PM

Ralph little remains the show's biggest handicap, since he doesn't bother to learn his lines and isn't naturally funny.

I'm fairly sure that he's not in this series. Which should make it even more of an intriguing watch.

Live? Cool. No Ralf Little? Aww! The arguements that this show is shit are quite relevant, but it constantly makes me laugh, so there.

WTF is the point of filming something like this, live? I don't get it. So we can laugh at their mistakes? HAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......so funny.

Quote: Eat_My_Shirts @ January 8, 2008, 1:08 AM

WTF is the point of filming something like this, live? I don't get it. So we can laugh at their mistakes? HAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......so funny.

British shows tend not to do live episodes (in fact I can't think of the last 'live' British comedy?). The American's have shown the advantages it can have though - its not so much about mistakes (in fact most go flawlessly bar the odd bit of corpsing), it's the fact that going out live gives the show a bit of 'electric' - I don't know exactly what it is, just seems to make people funnier.

I'll definitely watch a live one.

Why on earth isn't Ralph in this one? What is he busy doing?

Little.

Oh, you are a one.

Very interesting. I treat Two Pints like I treat Gavin and Stacy, don't think of it as a sitcom or comedy and its passable.

Quote: Mark @ January 8, 2008, 1:47 AM

I can't think of the last 'live' British comedy?

Hancock?

The "live" episode of Arrested Development was the best! (I know it was American.)

The last episode was terrible. Are they going to pretend that never happened? And I watch it only for Sheridan Smith's tits. What else would I watch it for? The jokes? F**k off.

Firm and pliant?

(30 points if you can name the sitcom, another 10 for the character.)

Mm, she is fit. Last time I said that I got accused of being a chauvinist, I believe. Pragmatist more like. Best of a bad job and all that!

Maybe a live show could actually rejuvenate it and make it good. Who knows? I think I'll be watching though.