Two Pints Series 7 Page 5

Ooh! Barrowman again.

Do you think they are trying to convince him to make a guest appearance in the last episode?

I dunno, it's possible. It strikes me as a show that's filthy enough to tickle his fancy! (Oo er.)

I'm actually quite enjoying this series. I laughed out loud at a line earlier. And I'm not drunk or anything.

I just watched the first episode of the first series. A few questions:
1) Do men and women really have guys and girls really have their own pubs?
2) Are crisps crackers?
3) Does the comedy change as the series progresses. I find a lot of British comedies need two or three episodes to get good.

Quote: Curt @ February 21, 2008, 3:22 PM

I just watched the first episode of the first series. A few questions:
1) Do men and women really have guys and girls really have their own pubs?
2) Are crisps crackers?
3) Does the comedy change as the series progresses. I find a lot of British comedies need two or three episodes to get good.

1) Don't understand question...sorry.

2) Yep. (potato chips)

3) Two or three episodes to get good! We're up to series seven of this and I'm still waiting :D

Seriously though, Two Pints isn't really my sort of comedy but seven series does say something about it. Unlike some, I don't think BBC is totally mad when it comes to commissioning.

Quote: Writer2K @ February 21, 2008, 3:30 PM

1) Don't understand question...sorry.

In the show they say "this is a guy's pub". Do they mean the pub is meant for men only or as in "this is where we guys go so that they don't have to see their girlfriends"?

No we don't officially have men-only pubs.

not officially.....

Well there are working men's clubs!

But no Curt, there's no specific sexual segregation. In some areas it's just developed over time that some pubs are pretty much men-only and some are feminine domains, but no, not in the way you're asking. I'd have to watch again to get the context of the quote and explain it exactly.

'Crisps' is indeed the correct name for 'chips'. And 'chips' is the correct name for '(French) fries'.

As for the comedy changing, yes, it does settle down and find its place. I found that the first series was a bit manic in comparison to the others. If, however, it's just the dirty jokes and general filthyness that you seem to be wary of, then it might not be worth watching any further.

Quote: Aaron @ February 21, 2008, 6:29 PM

As for the comedy changing, yes, it does settle down and find its place. I found that the first series was a bit manic in comparison to the others. If, however, it's just the dirty jokes and general filthyness that you seem to be wary of, then it might not be worth watching any further.

Yeah, if you´re hoping it develops into a Wildean drawing room comedy, then you might be a tad disappointed.

Cool thanks for the information guys. You answered my question. I don't think it's my kind of comedy. Back to episodes of "Dad's Army" then. :)

Love it.Love it. Love it. What more needs to be said, best sit com of the 90's for sure. Miss Johny though, but hey, at least Munch is back.

It didn't start until 2001, but uhh, yeah, I rather enjoy it. :)

Welcome to the site, by the way. :)

Was it that late? I could have sworn it was the 90's...

cheers, it's a good sight, cant beleive i didnt find it sooner.

Awww... that was sad.

Very weird how that was done though... I can't see there being another series.

And I didn't realise the actress that plays Louise actually has a normal voice in real life...thank god!