Graham Linehan Page 3

It is a shame that all this palaver has apparently put a stop to the Father Ted musical, which would have been fun as FT always new how to use songs to great comic affect. Or it did in the Eurovision episode.

I see that his Edinburgh show has been cancelled, F**king arseholes. What happened to freedom of speech? They'll be burning books now.

They purposely booked a venue that was very big on inclusivity, trans rights etc.
They wanted to be cancelled so they could make a big statement.
The whole thing was a PR stunt - if he'd really wanted a gig there's plenty of venues that would have taken the booking.

Quote: Chappers @ 18th August 2023, 10:10 PM

I see that his Edinburgh show has been cancelled, F**king arseholes. What happened to freedom of speech? They'll be burning books now.

Nothing. Nothing happened to freedom of speech, as proved by the fact that Linehan was freely able to do the gig out on the street. What Linehan experienced was the consequences of his freedom of speech.

Also, Comedy Unleashed deliberately kept Linehan unbilled knowing the venue would oppose him.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 18th August 2023, 10:39 PM

Nothing. Nothing happened to freedom of speech, as proved by the fact that Linehan was freely able to do the gig out on the street. What Linehan experienced was the consequences of his freedom of speech.

Also, Comedy Unleashed deliberately kept Linehan unbilled knowing the venue would oppose him.

So why did the poncey venue oppose him?

It was a deliberate provocation organised by far right GB News as part of their attack on trans people. Lineham is a great comedy writer, but he can f**k right off.

Quote: Lazzard @ 18th August 2023, 10:13 PM

They purposely booked a venue that was very big on inclusivity, trans rights etc.
They wanted to be cancelled so they could make a big statement.
The whole thing was a PR stunt - if he'd really wanted a gig there's plenty of venues that would have taken the booking.

So you can only argue your point of view if it's in front of an audience that already agrees with you. Bit of a waste of time that.

His Wikipedia page says he is an anti-transgender activist.
He probably didn't write it himself....

He believes there are only 2 sexes.
Shocking stuff.

I was reading Lineham's wiki page last week and how he created fake Twitter accounts when his own account was banned. I don't understand why some people are so desperate to live their lives on social media.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 19th August 2023, 8:38 AM

So you can only argue your point of view if it's in front of an audience that already agrees with you. Bit of a waste of time that.

Disingenuous nonsense.
All comedy venues at the Fringe would have had a very mixed audience - plenty of whom - maybe most of whom - would have disagreed with him.
He purposely picked one that was known to have a well-established policy on trans-rights and booked it without revealing his name.
He wanted a fight - so he started one.
And he got his headlines.

Quote: Lazzard @ 19th August 2023, 10:39 AM

Disingenuous nonsense.
All comedy venues at the Fringe would have had a very mixed audience - plenty of whom - maybe most of whom - would have disagreed with him.
He purposely picked one that was known to have a well-established policy on trans-rights and booked it without revealing his name.
He wanted a fight - so he started one.
And he got his headlines.

How do you know that? Does he never talk about other things?

Not currently, no.

Quote: Lazzard @ 19th August 2023, 10:39 AM

Disingenuous nonsense.

Thanks.

What happened to:

Quote: Lazzard @ 24th January 2023, 10:28 AM

Try imagining a world where people have different tastes & opinions to you.
It might help.

Wasn't questioning your views or opinions - or your right to have them.
Just pointing out the flaw in your argument.

I'm watching the IT Crowd on Channel 4 Extra.

He was a genius. They were brilliant s well as Father Ted. Can he not have an opinion?