Graham Linehan Page 10

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 29th October 2023, 9:14 PM

You exclaim good grief but what stats? This is why I don't engage in online debate because it degrades in to this. To summarise....You said you have stats that demonstrate how transgender people have never been safer in the UK but conveniently didn't provide the source of those stats and now you're criticising me for questioning validity of stats you say you have but have not provided. You brought up stats without backing it up with actual stats and if you honestly believe that transgender are not a minority group and have never been safer from physical or verbal assault on UK streets then that's up to you but it's not an opinion I share and saying I believe there are stats that say otherwise doesn't compel me to spend time presenting them just for your satisfaction. News reports is enough for me. You're making a lot of assumptions about me and come across as a touch mean spirited by mentioning me in the same sentence as Saville and Weinstein with a sarcastic 'well done' like I contributed to their heinous crimes. You don't even know me and are prepared to make that kind of judgement about my character simply because I'm sharing my opinions on this thread and reacting to your outrageous comments about the trans community.

Here's a very good article where the author has linked to the statistics and sources.

https://unherd.com/2022/01/the-truth-about-trans-murders/

I haven't made any outrageous comments about trans people. And you still haven't told me what you think gender is.

When looking at the 'hate crime' stats for trans people remember it includes being misgendered...

I'm not derailing this thread any further. I'm more than happy to discuss this somewhere relevant.

Quote: Hildegard @ 29th October 2023, 9:29 PM

Here's a very good article where the author has linked to the statistics and sources.

https://unherd.com/2022/01/the-truth-about-trans-murders/

I haven't made any outrageous comments about trans people. And you still haven't told me what you think gender is.

When looking at the 'hate crime' stats for trans people remember it includes being misgendered...

I'm not derailing this thread any further. I'm more than happy to discuss this somewhere relevant.

The author of the article you link to is Tish Still who is an anti-transgender activist masquerading as a wannabe expert. 30 seconds of listening to her on youtube confirms it and you really are offering that as evidence that attacks on transgender is falling and they've never had it so good. You couldn't make this stuff up.

If you're going to promote authors like that we have nothing else to discuss on gender. I meant what I said about feeling sorry for Graham and the fallout caused. No-one deserves the breakdown of a marriage and being blacklisted at the same time. That kind of punishment could be too much for many people. He can turn it around as memories fade and people remember that he is still an award winning artist and a decent guy.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 29th October 2023, 9:27 PM

Well maybe I'm wrong to say it but while I agree with your argument on this, your rather dismissive tone at times is going to put some off agreeing with it when delivered another way it would, if I may be as bold as you, no offence. Oh, not to you Tarby, I don't agree with you at all. 🙂

I'm not aware of being dismissive. I haven't intended to be dismissive. I don't think I've been dismissive. Not sure what else I can say really.
Oh, apart from the fact that I'm not trying to win anyone over. It's up to people to make their own minds up.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 29th October 2023, 9:55 PM

The author of the article you link to is Tish Still who is an anti-transgender activist masquerading as a wannabe expert. 30 seconds of listening to her on youtube confirms it and you really are offering that as evidence that attacks on transgender is falling and they've never had it so good. You couldn't make this stuff up.

If you're going to promote authors like that we have nothing else to discuss on gender. I meant what I said about feeling sorry for Graham and the fallout caused. No-one deserves the breakdown of a marriage and being blacklisted at the same time. That kind of punishment could be too much for many people. He can turn it around as memories fade and people remember that he is still an award winning artist and a decent guy.

We haven't had anything to discuss on gender because you won't say what you think it is :D She links to statistics and has a trans child. Worra transphobe.

Have a nice evening. I'm off now.

Have a nice evening :) I recorded Cigarettes and Alcohol and Rollerblading earlier so that's my nightcap.

The more I read about Linehan the more I think he deserves everything he gets. He suggests he was dropped by his agent who also manages David Tennant because David earns 'slightly more' than Linehan. The man is delusional to suggest the agent had to chose one to drop and kept David because of his earnings. He dropped Linehan because of his toxic, transphobic views and personal attack on Tennant over nothing more than his choice of attire. Attacks on transgender people are at an all time high and is being fuelled by people like Linehan and his brainwashed devotees who refuse to accept the facts. So-called online 'experts' who use false names to hide behind making defamatory statements and shamelessly using their own trans identifying child at every opportunity in a cynical attempt to justify their warped, transphobic views.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/graham-linehan-agent-dropped-david-tennant-attack-b2424343.html

My biggest problem with Linehan - and a lot who share his views - is he doesn't really back up his opinions with any data or empirical evidence. For example if trans people are a danger to women in changing rooms, hospital wards etc (which he and others regularly alleges), then back it up with proof.

In 2018 the MOJ released statistics showing half of the people in prison who declare themselves transgender have been sentenced with one or more sexual offences.

81 out of the 163 transgender prisoners in England and Wales had at least one conviction for a sexual offence.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 3rd November 2023, 12:00 PM

In 2018 the MOJ released statistics showing half of the people in prison who declare themselves transgender have been sentenced with one or more sexual offences.

81 out of the 163 transgender prisoners in England and Wales had at least one conviction for a sexual offence.

The trouble is these people make it harder for genuine trans people and also make all the headlines.

Good point Chappers. 81 people out of population of 68 million isn't a trend. Especially given most people in jail have broken the law. "Sexual offence" could be using the "the wrong sex" toilets. Persecuted minorities often lose the propaganda war and are often criminalised simply for demonstrating. E.g. 9,061 Palestinians have been killed in Gaza since October 7th and Sunak sacks an advisor for suggesting a cease fire ! I think Linehan's mistake was being very late to the discussion on this, and the public hearing had already ruled against his views.