Graham Linehan

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/old_story/322/

Hoorah !

Wooops - the news about Graham LinehaN is good too.

I've always thought that Grahan was a genius! Maybe a few more opportunites will arise from this deal. :)

I like Graham Linehan's writing sooo much and I want to know where I can get the doll for Christmas.

A true comedy genius. So sad what has happened to him because he had an opinion. F**king wokes!

Genius. Co-responsible for the only two decent eps on Coogan's Run.

Very talented, but he didn't half dig himself into a hole with his weird trans obsession.

Up to him. John Lennon was a wanker, still did awesome stuff.

It is up to him. But don't bleat about it and cry on national TV when you pissed your marriage away over your weird singular obsession with trans issues.

I think he's had some mental health problems, to be honest.
Some of his rants were unhinged.
And I'm talking as someone who agrees with some of his underlying arguments.

I would agree that the trans area is complex and far from black and white, which makes arguing about it on a medium like Twitter all the more stupid. It's not a place for proper grown up discussion.

It's a shame if mental health issues did send him down a rabbit hole because he has damaged his career and tainted his legacy somewhat.

Quote: chipolata @ 26th March 2022, 12:48 PM

Very talented, but he didn't half dig himself into a hole with his weird trans obsession.

What exactly did he say? Seems an innocent enough opinion.

It's how you say it.

The man isn't well. He literally just needed to keep his mouth shut. That's it. Now he's lost his marriage and career. My sympathy goes out to his wife and children for the unimaginable stress and strain he put them under.

It's one thing to have an opinion on an issue. It's quite another to devote your entire life to a campaign that frankly shouldn't concern him.

I don't think the "comedy" beating up of a trans woman in The IT Crowd did him any favours.

Took exams in queer studies, gay studies and LBG studies. Got straight As.