What are you reading right now? Page 209

Did they ever properly identify the body though
There's a conspiracy theory that he lived out his days in South America
Probably flown out there by the Tories

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 16th May 2015, 12:26 AM BST

Ain't got there yet. I only read during brief visits to the pub each night.

If I read at home I would be asleep in ten minutes ! Not because of the book, because I'm old !

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th May 2015, 10:57 PM BST

The reprint of Bradshaw's Handbook from 1863 as used by Michael Portillo in his railway progs. Quite interesting.

Aw. Have they made it look like an old book, or is it all modern looking?

I finished Girl on The Train the other day, would recommend it, very cleverly weaved together.
Am now seeking another good thriller...any pointers? Though I'll probably just scour the charity shops later.

Quote: zooo @ 16th May 2015, 9:29 AM BST

Aw. Have they made it look like an old book, or is it all modern looking?

It's an exact facsimile, apart from not having the fold out maps, otherwise it has all the original illustrations and city maps where they fit on the single page.
I think the original like Portillo uses was probably leather bound too, which this ain't! Not at that price.................

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bradshaws-Handbook-Facsimile-Famous-Guide/dp/1908402024/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1431790258&sr=1-1&keywords=bradshaws+guide+used+by+michael+portillo

Ooh, very nice!

Just started 'The Little Old Lady Who Struck Lucky Again', sequel to 'The Little Old Lady Who Broke All the Rules'. Maybe this is me in a few years time!

I've been devouring Russell Brand's 'Booky Wook' over the last couple of days and really enjoyed it. Nearly finished now and will then start his second one.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 16th May 2015, 12:26 AM BST

There were enough teeth left for dental records.

I do find this whole discussion distasteful, he was also an old man with advanced parkinsons.

He wasn't exactly going to be hopping over any borders.

Quote: Ben @ 25th May 2015, 3:24 PM BST

I've been devouring Russell Brand's 'Booky Wook' over the last couple of days and really enjoyed it. Nearly finished now and will then start his second one.

I found it unreadable, in the same way I find his comedy unwatchable.

Just started re-reading "Lady Don't Fall Backwards"

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th May 2015, 4:35 PM BST

Reading the damn thing multiple times won't bring you back the missing page, you stupid boy! ;)

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 25th May 2015, 6:39 PM BST

Reading the damn thing multiple times won't bring you back the missing page, you stupid boy! ;)

Ah, but this one is not by Darcy Sarto. :P

Quote: sootyj @ 25th May 2015, 3:30 PM BST

I found it unreadable, in the same way I find his comedy unwatchable.

Why did you buy his book if you weren't a fan? Were you doing the book reviews for The Guardian at the time?

The Bible - Genesis

Lots of rape and incest

...wasn't expecting that !

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th May 2015, 4:35 PM BST

So, discovered on this re-read that I hadn't actually read it before (!) and must have been getting it mixed up with Freddie Hancock's book "Hancock", which I have read before and now going to read again having just finished Lady Don't Fall Backwards.
Joan Le Mesurier's book is well worth a read though if you want all the sordid details of the tempestuous affair she had with TH, although it would be unfair to call an affair in the true sense of the word as they were both very much in love with each other, a love that was doomed to failure through Hancock's drinking, and my God he could drink, turning into a monster, plus showing himself up very badly in public.
And that rather took me by surprise, along with sadness that this great comic actor should sink to such low levels.