What are you reading right now? Page 208

Yes. The bit about him making the girl his mistress when he was old enough to be her father was a bit creepy, and how he treated his wife, but he supported and helped so many people and worked bloody hard.

Quote: keewik @ 2nd April 2015, 12:04 PM BST

Don't know how I got to this stage in life without having read it, but I'm now into Ann Frank's diary. It's not what I expected though I don't know what I expected, but fascinating. A bit tragic though, because you know the ending.

I haven't read it yet either. I think most people probably read it at school, but we never did.

Now reading 'Anne Frank Remembered' by Miep Gies who was one of the people who helped to hide the family.

1950s childhood.

Is that its name? Who wrote it?

Yup, and written by, wait for it...............Janet & John Shepherd. Very interesting little book.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/1950s-Childhood-Shire-Library-Shepherd/dp/0747812357/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1428441837&sr=1-2&keywords=1950s+childhood

Collected Stories - short stories by Bernard MacLaverty. Quite painful reading - the vulnerability of humans.

It becomes more and more painful - probably doing me good (or bad?) psychologically.

I've just managed to buy online a book I had when I was at school - British History in Strip Pictures. Cost me £50 though.

Is it good and is it based on fact?

Quote: keewik @ 7th May 2015, 10:27 PM BST

Is it good and is it based on fact?

Orly just started but very interesting so far. I'll get back to you.

Finding it very interesting. Can't vouch for the facts but they do give references for the information.

Very good content though. If they mention an event then there is a section explaining about it e.g. the Yalta Conference.

Enjoying it greatly.

The reprint of Bradshaw's Handbook from 1863 as used by Michael Portillo in his railway progs. Quite interesting.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th May 2015, 10:57 PM BST

The reprint of Bradshaw's Handbook from 1863 as used by Michael Portillo in his railway progs. Quite interesting.

I got that too.