What are you reading right now? Page 206

Quote: keewik @ 23rd January 2015, 4:48 PM GMT

Finished it! *thumbs nose at Will Cam*. Now what next?

Problem solved. Now starting 'All the Light We Cannot See' - Anthony Doerr'. My weans always buy me brilliant books at Christmas.

'And the Mountains Echoed' - Khaled Hosseini.

A spy among friends by Ben Macintyre. The true story of Kim Philby. The shoddiness of MI6 is shocking........

Stan and ollie:roots of comedy

Just finished the count Arthur strong book too - shite

'The Red Road' - Denise Mina.

The 39 steps (John Buchan) A great murder mystery yarn. Like James Bond without the gadgets.
I was waiting for the 'memory man' to appear but that was just in the film version.
Excellent!

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th February 2015, 7:47 AM GMT

The 39 steps (John Buchan) A great murder mystery yarn. Like James Bond without the gadgets.
I was waiting for the 'memory man' to appear but that was just in the film version.
Excellent!

Recently "re-read" his Greenmantle, which we were "forced" to read at school - much more interesting second time around.

A lot of his books and many of the classics are on Amazon to download for free onto your Kindle.
I'm enjoying the books, like you, I was forced to read at school.

Finally (!) finished Charles Dickens - A Life biog. by Claire Tomalin. Very good, and if you are a fan of CD like I am I can highly recommend it. Heavy tome (500+ pages) and excellent read with plenty of detail and photos.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Charles-Dickens-Life-Claire-Tomalin/dp/0670917672/ref=tmm_hrd_title_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=&qid=

Talking Heads 2 - Alan Bennett.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st February 2015, 6:41 PM GMT

Finally (!) finished Charles Dickens - A Life biog. by Claire Tomalin. Very good, and if you are a fan of CD like I am I can highly recommend it. Heavy tome (500+ pages) and excellent read with plenty of detail and photos.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Charles-Dickens-Life-Claire-Tomalin/dp/0670917672/ref=tmm_hrd_title_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=&qid=

I got that book a year past at Christmas but haven't read it yet. Will now.

Quote: beaky @ 21st February 2015, 7:11 PM GMT

Talking Heads 2 - Alan Bennett.

Been meaning to get TH

Good?

Quote: keewik @ 21st February 2015, 7:26 PM GMT

I got that book a year past at Christmas but haven't read it yet. Will now.

:) I got it for Christmas at least 5 years ago from my daughter who kept on asking when I was going to read it.

Just to whet your appetite, he was a naughty boy! (Apart from being a brilliant author)

NW by Zadie Smith - it's a confusing mess of narrative styles, but I'm enjoying it anyway :)

American Sniper