What are you reading right now? Page 213

Quote: lofthouse @ 17th October 2015, 6:51 PM BST

Nineteen eighty four

Yes, nice, but that's not exactly 'reading a book'.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 20th October 2015, 7:01 PM BST

No, it's right up to the present as far as I can see, he talks about the making of Philomena, Alpha Papa, The Trip etc.

Excellent, then I'll see if it's available on Audible as I'd appreciate Coogan reading it aloud. His performance of 'I, Partridge' was sublime.

Just reading the Red Dwarf books again - read them years ago but have thankfully forgotten a lot of it

The Universe versus Alex Wood by Gavin Extence. It's very good, although the authors surname annoys me for some reason.

Quote: Davey Jay @ 21st October 2015, 5:30 PM BST

Just reading the Red Dwarf books again - read them years ago but have thankfully forgotten a lot of it

Read this...............

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Man-Rubber-Mask-Inside-Smegging/dp/1908717785/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1451406396&sr=1-1&keywords=robert+llewellyn+red+dwarf

.....awhile back now, and remember from it the farce when the USA version was mooted and he was feted and dined (they didn't want the others) over there with many, many promises ringing in his ears as he went back to the UK, and then..................he heard - nothing from them. >_<

Like it never happened. Zilch. Diddly Squat. Not a kiss my arse or anything :S

And it rang a bell when later I saw the situations in the "Episodes" series Laughing out loud

One of the millions of books I got for birthday/Christmas - 'City of Strangers' - Louise Millar. interesting so far.

Killing and Dying by Adrian Tomine.

I thought I'd said this before but evidently not.

Just William at Christmas.

Obviously very dated with servants and things but still lovely stories.

I used to love the 'Just William' books. Now I'd consider them Tory abominations but what the Hell.

Quote: zooo @ 29th December 2015, 10:58 PM GMT

Killing and Dying by Adrian Tomine.

Had that for Christmas. Read the first three stories.

Brilliant, but utterly depressing.

Just started Players by Don DeLillo.

Not sure what it is about yet, but seeing as I've loved all his other books I've read I am looking forward to it.

Quote: Craig Thomas @ 1st January 2016, 10:50 AM GMT

Had that for Christmas. Read the first three stories.

Brilliant, but utterly depressing.

I guess it does have a bit of a depressing mood. I thought the end of Hortisculpture was pretty cheerful though!

Just started 'The Winter Isles' - Antonia Senior. It's a novel about Somerled.

Naw First Minister - Allan Morrison

'Even Dogs in the Wild'- the latest (and maybe the last) Rebus novel.

S'good.