What are you reading right now? Page 214

I'm trying to buy Murder Club on my kindle but it just comes up with James Patterson. Does anyone know if this is Marc P in another guise? It's Marc's book I want, don't want one of a series which is what this JP one look's like. Or are they the same. Ta.

James Patterson and Marc co-wrote a book, but not that one.

Have you searched for Mark Pearson? Remember his published name is different.

Okay I'll try that, ta. Want a modern murder thriller to read that isn't part of a series.

Okay I'll try that, ta. Want a modern murder thriller to read that isn't part of a series.

I am reading Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov.

I must say his writing is pure poetry. And to think English is not his native language...

Quote: zooo @ 22nd January 2016, 11:23 PM GMT

S'good.

Are you reading it or just looking at the cover?

Hah, both!

Quote: zooo @ 23rd January 2016, 12:02 PM GMT

James Patterson and Marc co-wrote a book, but not that one.

Have you searched for Mark Pearson? Remember his published name is different.

James Patterson doesn't write books as such, zooo. He comes up with ideas and "his team" write them. Maybe it was mainly Mark Pearson?

I thoroughly suspect so!

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 25th January 2016, 9:17 PM GMT

James Patterson doesn't write books as such, zooo. He comes up with ideas and "his team" write them. Maybe it was mainly Mark Pearson?

What a strange idea! I hope the money goes to Marc then as I'm just about to purchase.

Quote: FrankieC @ 25th January 2016, 11:14 AM GMT

I am reading Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov.

I must say his writing is pure poetry. And to think English is not his native language...

Got the book but still haven't finished it. It is indeed very stylistic. I always find this sort much harder or takes longer to read. Enjoyable but like a rich fruitcake, I can't get through much in one go.

It Has been mentioned as been read by others on here and I am reading it now.

Madame Bovary.

Written over 150 years ago and it goes to show that emotions, jealousy, anger and infidelity are nothing new.

I am currently reading information about Eibar FC.

1. Eibar FC is sixth in the Spanish league, five places about Gary Neville's Valencia.
2. No English person has ever heard of it.
3. It is owned by 10,000 supporters from 69 countries around the world.
4. It's nickname is the same as Arsenal's - The Gunners.
5. It's most famous group of supporters is called "Scotland the Brave".
6. At it's 75th anniversary in 2015, it played against Celtic.
7. There was a parade of 19th century clothed soldiers with a Saltire and they played bagpipes.
8. Officials from both clubs shot a 350 kg cannon.
9. It is the only football club with quality certificate UN-EN-ISO 9001.
10. It is probably the only team to have away strips of all green and all yellow.

'Career of Evil' by Robert Galbraith, which is very gripping. I've only just realised 'he' is J.K ROWLING. MUST SAY I'm impressed

Quote: keewik @ 2nd February 2016, 10:09 PM GMT

I've only just realised 'he' is J.K ROWLING. MUST SAY I'm impressed.

It was heroic of her to have the operation.

Spectacles by Sue Perkins, via Audible. I heart her.

Well I recorded myself reading and this came out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGfidCuWoxg