Count Arthur Strong - Series 2 (TV) Page 7

Quote: ScotiaNova @ 4th February 2015, 1:56 AM GMT

Rory Kinnear is 36 years old, your arse is however . . .?

Christ..in that case he hasn't aged we'll!

Quote: A Horseradish @ 7th February 2015, 1:21 PM GMT

Thank the lord for that.

Actually, the sort of way you need to think to understand it is that you are watching a series every week - I dunno Benidorm or something - and you have made a few comments on here saying you like it a lot. And then in one episode, a character turns up and he's called Hercules. As it happens, he is in one of the trades you were once in. You think "oh, that's a bit unusual" but think no more about it. After all, many people are called Hercules. Well, not that many but a few. Then two or three episodes later there's another character who is called of all things Ethel Grytpipe-Thynne and that was your mother's name. That's too weird for words. It suggests someone in the show has read your contributions on the forum and done it deliberately.

Of course, it doesn't quite work in your case as your first name isn't actually Hercules - or at least I don't think it is - and your second isn't Grytpipe-Thynne. Nor was your mother's although there was a person called Hercules Grytpipe-Thynne who was fictional and could have been brought in for reasons other than you, if unlikely. Why have a Hercules in a comedy set in Alicante? And actually it is not my own mother's name that is involved here but that is the sort of concept basically. The alternative is that it is mere coincidence. That's cool. It adds to security. Life's a funny thing. But who would believe that? I am, if nothing else, mere but I'm not sure I do believe it is coincidence. There you go. Hopefully crystal clear.

Yerrsss...............A bit like the Twilight Zone you mean? Weird. :O

Quote: A Horseradish @ 7th February 2015, 1:21 PM GMT

Thank the lord for that.

Actually, the sort of way you need to think to understand it is that you are watching a series every week - I dunno Benidorm or something - and you have made a few comments on here saying you like it a lot. And then in one episode, a character turns up and he's called Hercules. As it happens, he is in one of the trades you were once in. You think "oh, that's a bit unusual" but think no more about it. After all, many people are called Hercules. Well, not that many but a few. Then two or three episodes later there's another character who is called of all things Ethel Grytpipe-Thynne and that was your mother's name. That's too weird for words. It suggests someone in the show has read your contributions on the forum and done it deliberately.

Of course, it doesn't quite work in your case as your first name isn't actually Hercules - or at least I don't think it is - and your second isn't Grytpipe-Thynne. Nor was your mother's although there was a person called Hercules Grytpipe-Thynne who was fictional and could have been brought in for reasons other than you, if unlikely. Why have a Hercules in a comedy set in Alicante? And actually it is not my own mother's name that is involved here but that is the sort of concept basically. The alternative is that it is mere coincidence. That's cool. It adds to security. Life's a funny thing. But who would believe that? I am, if nothing else, mere but I'm not sure I do believe it is coincidence. There you go. Hopefully crystal clear.

Wtf?!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th February 2015, 4:08 PM GMT

Yerrsss...............A bit like the Twilight Zone you mean? Weird. :O

Quote: gb901 @ 7th February 2015, 4:09 PM GMT

Wtf?!

Aaron would understand.

Probably Lee n Zooo too.

I've watched the programme now.

Very funny. It is laugh out loud.

I love this series more than any TV comedy in 20 years. :)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th February 2015, 8:05 PM GMT

Loved the two incidents of him in the background with the toilet seat and the wizard - very clever and very funny. Didn't see either of them coming. Laughing out loud

Yes, that was great!
Again a funny episode.

Have to say my favouritest bit from this weeks show was Arthur doing the 3 cup trick and his reactions therein . . .

Just caught up with the Gas Man episode - EXCELLENT!

I really enjoyed this week's episode too. I just hated the fact they copied the ending from The Hotel Inspectors episode of Fawlty Towers!

Last night's episode was very good - glad they're resurrecting the Michael / Sinem relationship.

Ummm, not so good for me this week. Sinem is growing on me though. :$

Quote: G180e @ 11th February 2015, 2:15 PM GMT

I really enjoyed this week's episode too. I just hated the fact they copied the ending from The Hotel Inspectors episode of Fawlty Towers!

I think it was a wry nod, rather than a theft. It made me smile.

That episode wasn't the funniest, but I think it managed to bring the Arthur character and the light cafe sit com together better than any other.

Jesus.
Could this be any more ordinary?

I love it.

But it's so thin.
I've had to pull over in the car in the past for fear of losing it while listening to the radio series.
They do so little with the character - just wheeling him on when things are getting a bit (!) slow.
He's a minor character in his own sitcom.

Quote: gb901 @ 7th February 2015, 4:09 PM GMT

Wtf?!

Laughing out loud