Count Arthur Strong - Series 2 (TV)

Count Arthur Strong. Image shows from L to R: Eggy (Dave Plimmer), Birdie (Bronagh Gallagher), John The Watch (Andy Linden), Bulent (Chris Ryman), Count Arthur Strong (Steve Delaney), Michael Baker (Rory Kinnear), Sinem (Zahra Ahmadi). Copyright: Retort.

Count Arthur Strong

TV sitcom following elderly, befuddled showbusiness character Count Arthur Strong and his friends

G180e

• Saturday 3rd January 2015, 3:40pm
  • Wolverhampton, England
  • 3,310 posts

After a top notch first run back in 2013 on BBC Two, the Count is returning with a new 7-part second series this time on BBC One. It was a shame that the first series didn't attract much of an audience but I really don't see how it will attract a big audience on BBC One in such an awful time slot of 10:35pm of a Tuesday night.

Looking forward to the new series, none the less.

Hercules Grytpype Thynne

• Saturday 3rd January 2015, 4:06pm
  • England
  • 16,533 posts
Quote: G180e @ 3rd January 2015, 3:40 PM GMT

After a top notch first run back in 2013 on BBC Two, the Count is returning with a new 7-part second series this time on BBC One. It was a shame that the first series didn't attract much of an audience but I really don't see how it will attract a big audience on BBC One in such an awful time slot of 10:35pm of a Tuesday night.

Looking forward to the new series, none the less.

Ditto and will have to set digi-box as too late for me, which does seem an odd time not unless he is going to start swearing a lot in it? Pleased

lofthouse

• Tuesday 6th January 2015, 11:15pm
  • Nowhere, England
  • 9,066 posts

That was great!!

Ending was a bit poor..

But on the whole it was a cracker

G180e

• Wednesday 7th January 2015, 2:17pm
  • Wolverhampton, England
  • 3,310 posts

I enjoyed it also, some of it notably fell a bit flat but not too bad at all, just wished they would put it in a better timeslot.

vinny j

• Wednesday 7th January 2015, 3:34pm [Edited]
  • essex, England
  • 54 posts

Had never heard of this show before so no idea it has already had a first series.

Caught yesterday's episode by pure luck and loved it. Very funny and if the rest of the series is as good as last night's episode then I will have to somehow find a way to watch the first series.

Aaron

• Wednesday 7th January 2015, 5:42pm
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 68,429 posts

Far too early to say. Quite likely, but it depends on the ratings.

lofthouse

• Wednesday 7th January 2015, 5:53pm [Edited]
  • Nowhere, England
  • 9,066 posts
Quote: vinny j @ 7th January 2015, 5:48 PM GMT

Nice and patronising there, thanks for that.

Sorry but not everyone has funds to go out and buy DVDs on a whim.

Come 'ere and say that.

I'll knock yer block off!

Hercules Grytpype Thynne

• Wednesday 7th January 2015, 9:11pm
  • England
  • 16,533 posts

Just watched the first episode and thoroughly enjoyed it! Laugh out loud for me.

Oldrocker

• Wednesday 7th January 2015, 9:44pm
  • Near my beloved Black Country in Wolverhampton, England
  • 13,416 posts
Quote: vinny j @ 7th January 2015, 3:34 PM GMT

Had never heard of this show before so no idea it has already had a first series.

Caught yesterday's episode by pure luck and loved it. Very funny and if the rest of the series is as good as last night's episode then I will have to somehow find a way to watch the first series.

It was on radio before transfer to TV.

Personally I prefer the radio shows but lots of assorted stuff on YouTube.

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th January 2015, 5:53 PM GMT

Come 'ere and say that.

I'll knock yer block off!

Mind yer head (clang) on that light fitting.

FracturedMirror

• Wednesday 7th January 2015, 9:57pm [Edited]
  • United States
  • 78 posts

Series 1 is still available for free streaming on Hulu.com or with the Hulu app and a free account on Android. There are ways to watch it wherever you are, such as the Hola browser add-on for Firefox.

Alfred J Kipper

• Wednesday 7th January 2015, 10:34pm
  • Aldershot, England
  • 6,011 posts
Quote: vinny j @ 7th January 2015, 3:34 PM GMT

I thought it risible it got overlooked for the BC awards given the crap that was nominated, especially in the newcomer category. Probably the only true sitcom made last year.

vinny j

• Wednesday 7th January 2015, 10:34pm
  • essex, England
  • 54 posts
Quote: FracturedMirror @ 7th January 2015, 9:57 PM GMT

Series 1 is still available for free streaming on Hulu.com or with the Hulu app and a free account on Android. There are ways to watch it wherever you are, such as the Hola browser add-on for Firefox.

Will look into that FracturedMirror. Many thanks for the infomation, much appreciated. Cool