Count Arthur Strong - Series 2 (TV) Page 5

I have to say, I enjoyed that immensely.

By far the best episode to date. And unsurprisingly, the one most akin to something we might've heard on the radio, with the farce-like build of confusion and disaster around Arthur.

Even the café scenes were enjoyable, as they were still focused ON Arthur, rather than on Michael or any of the other characters.

Does anyone know if a third series is likely?

Quote: Aaron @ 29th January 2015, 10:53 PM GMT

By far the best episode to date. And unsurprisingly, the one most akin to something we might've heard on the radio, with the farce-like build of confusion and disaster around Arthur.

Even the café scenes were enjoyable, as they were still focused ON Arthur, rather than on Michael or any of the other characters.

I might have a look at it. I watched the first ep of the first series, ditto the second. They managed to take an interesting, entertaining radio character and concept and destroy them. Arthur works on radio because he's the star, it's his peculiar universe - no-one else's - and it's deceptively simple and plays to your imagination. That all went out the window with the adaptation. Arthur became just another character in a limp, lame sitcom with his tics an annoying sideshow slowing things down. I'm astonished that Delaney and Linehan made such basic mistakes.

My problem with this is that Arthur just gets on my tits, on Radio or TV, and I'm only watching it for the Linehan touches.

Quote: GallonOfAlan @ 30th January 2015, 1:49 PM GMT

My problem with this is that Arthur just gets on my tits, on Radio or TV, and I'm only watching it for the Linehan touches.

You're 'avin a larff!

You sure you're in the right place? This is a comedy forum!

Quote: Compo @ 30th January 2015, 7:43 PM GMT

You're 'avin a larff!

You sure you're in the right place? This is a comedy forum!

He just has a different opinion to that of yourself. You claim to only like it when Arthur is in in the show, others like it when Michael is in it. Others like it for everyone.

Yes, that was quite funny. Loved the idea with the strange/creepy photographs in Arthur's house.

Actually while I loved this week's episode as indicated earlier, the episode at the flying school was my favourite. I have only watched this one twice whereas I've already watched the other one three times.

This series - both seasons - is without doubt the funniest on TV in a very long time. I don't have single problem with the changes between radio and TV, they're both hilarious. It was the TV series that alerted me to the radio stuff, where I duly bought the cds.

Last week's felt like it was going to be classic early on and my feelings were right. Absolutely wonderful. I've a feeling the rest of the viewing public will catch up eventually. Slow burners have a tendency to become greats. I'm rooting for the Count in this respect. He gets my full support.

He'll need it, going out at 10.30pm ....

Quote: vinny j @ 31st January 2015, 2:08 AM GMT

He just has a different opinion to that of yourself. You claim to only like it when Arthur is in in the show, others like it when Michael is in it. Others like it for everyone.

Forgive me.. I thought for one moment the show was called "Count Arthur Strong"???
Perhaps I mis-read the opening credits and its actually called "The Funny Cafe People"? or .... The Michael Show? or what about The Michael and Strong show?
(long time since we have had a decent double act.... and this combination would definitely NOT be one!!)

Furthermore I'm sure "GallonOfAlan" is big enough and vocal enough to fight his own battles!.... I understand people may have different opinions but surely only the most warped and sick individuals would argue that shit tastes nice!

Further... Furthermore... Mr VJ:
I take issue with your opinion that is critical of my opinion criticizing the opinion of someone else's opinion and put forth that perhaps your opinion, being critical of my opinion, has the same fault that you accuse my opinion of having in the first place.
My opinion therefore is that your opinion is nothing more than a hypocritical opinion as is this opinion, also criticizing your opinion of my opinion and fully accept that this opinion fares no better in our opinion exchanges than any of the previous opinions that either of us have had opinions on.
.... in my opinion!

Eh?

You are Count Arthur Strong and I claim my 5 guineas?

Keep your hair on, Compost.