Count Arthur Strong - Series 2 (TV) Page 9

Along with maths . . .

Quote: A Horseradish @ 19th February 2015, 9:37 PM GMT

The entire series has been fantastic.

20 out of 10. Laughing out loud :) Hug Geek

This contribution was originally posted on the wrong thread.

Threads were never my strong point.

As I said on the other thread, that is like 110% >_<

The gems of both series are when Delaney is left to his own writing and devices and uses other characters as foils. He has also established himself as a brilliant visual and slapstick actor which I love in the TV series. I understand there needs to be a plot but the radio show revolves more around the Count than the TV series. I think the other characters aren't bad in the TV series but I wished they had tried more to shoehorn the radio series episodes into a TV series than change what was already successful before. I remember the Marx Brothers when you had to watch the story line and love element stuff just to get to the gems that were classic timeless Marx Bros. The other stuff was forgettable. The early films were best because they had been tried and tested on stage beforehand and without any other writing interference...seems we are still making the same mistakes today. I was disappointed when I realised they hadn't done that and had gone for a totally different format for TV. Not sure why when you have something that is already a success. Surely don't change it? Having said all that the TV series is still by far the best comedy show on TV and radio at the moment for me so big thumbs up. Hopefully a lot more to come...

Quote: Jem Holmes @ 7th March 2015, 2:49 AM GMT

without any other writing interference...seems we are still making the same mistakes today.

Here here!!!

CAS's 'memoir' (Kindle edition) is 99p on Amazon today.

See Amazon product listing

Dan

Quote: Lazzard @ 15th February 2015, 12:43 PM GMT

But it's so thin.
I've had to pull over in the car in the past for fear of losing it while listening to the radio series.
They do so little with the character - just wheeling him on when things are getting a bit (!) slow.
He's a minor character in his own sitcom.

Totally agree, CAS is definitely not the star of this show.

Quote: Aaron @ 15th February 2015, 1:33 PM GMT

Not necessarily even that, Lazzard, because to 'fail' is to try without success. I believe they've spoken openly about explicitly not wanting to merely recreate the radio show for TV.

I am completely perplexed, if they didn't want to bring the radio CAS to the small screen, why on earth did they keep the character's name?
After all they made so many really significant changes to the character and the format, a name change would be neither here or there.

Any news yet on when Series 3 of this gem is due to air?

Just finished watching this series, and found it even funnier the second time around - every episode an hysterical half hour of fun!! 🤣

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th March 2023, 12:08 PM

Just finished watching this series, and found it even funnier the second time around - every episode an hysterical half hour of fun!! 🤣

First time watching it all I found most of it a bit meh - except Series 3 which was great

But I recently rewatched every episode and I thoroughly enjoyed each and everyone of them

Fantastic

Yup all three series get at least a yearly rewatch here.

The one with the soup is insane

And hilarious!