The Show What You Wrote - series 2 Page 5

11 submitted this morning. I've just had a flash of inspiration for one more sketch for Art & Literature but I'm at work and have meeting in half an hour. Do I try get this one done quickly? It's simple and short but I don't know if I should.

Quote: thebda @ 28th February 2014, 10:50 AM GMT

11 submitted this morning. I've just had a flash of inspiration for one more sketch for Art & Literature but I'm at work and have meeting in half an hour. Do I try get this one done quickly? It's simple and short but I don't know if I should.

If it really is short and simple then I say go for it. Anything longer that requires structure might be tricky to get right in the time.

And mine have now been sent off. Can relax for the final hour before having to start thinking of Newsjack sketches.

Anyone else not got the autoreply?

Quote: The Producer @ 28th February 2014, 11:19 AM GMT

Anyone else not got the autoreply?

Blenkinsop?

Good Luck Everyone!

Sent mine in just now. 3 each for Geography and Art, 2 each for sport and science. Pretty pleased with that and it was a nice warm up for newsjack.

Quote: StephenM @ 28th February 2014, 9:23 AM GMT

And I'm wondering why people are struggling with Sports and Leisure - that's the episode I had the most potential ideas. I've been researching all my life for that one!

Sport did seem more open then the others - I think also because you have some base knowledge on that you do less research. My strongest category for was geography which I hated at school and could remember so little of I had to look into some terribly boring books. (Leading to an incredibly factually inaccurate sketch but anyway!)

That said I think one of my strongest sketches was in sport, so I'm happy if the odds are lower there.

It's going to be a long wait until August.

Just sent off 2 for sport and leisure. Ditched my geography one as it wasn't funny. Got an auto reply so can sleep easy at night! :D

And I make that the deadline... Good luck all!

Quote: Judgement Dave @ 28th February 2014, 12:00 PM GMT

And I make that the deadline...

Anyone heard anything yet? :D

Quote: Bonzo @ 28th February 2014, 11:58 AM GMT

Just sent off 2 for sport and leisure. Ditched my geography one as it wasn't funny. Got an auto reply so can sleep easy at night! :D

Sent 5 in total - all of which are not as funny enough. :(

My last at 11:58. Beat that!

Mike.

well done - I wouldn't dare leave it til 11.58 as my antiquated computer is liable to break down or suddenly need to reboot at any given moment!

:D

good luck everyone! on to newsjack!

Quote: Bonzo @ 28th February 2014, 12:38 PM GMT

well done - I wouldn't dare leave it til 11.58 as my antiquated computer is liable to break down or suddenly need to reboot at any given moment!

:D

good luck everyone! on to newsjack!

Yeah, it wasn't on purpose. Suddenly remembered an idea for a sports sketch that was never used in something else. A quick rewrite and it was off.
I expect it will not get used in this either.

Good luck everyone!

Quote: mikemcc @ 28th February 2014, 12:59 PM GMT

I expect it will not get used in this either.

Consistency is key.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ 28th February 2014, 1:07 PM GMT

Consistency is key.

Dan

:)

I am VERY consistent.

Submitted 6 in total 2 for Science & Nature, 2 for Geography and 2 for sport. I sent off the last mail at about 2am. I had a few more in the pipeline but it ran too late.