The Show What You Wrote - series 2 Page 7

I got an email from the team saying my sketches made them laugh, and if I wanted to submit a Geography sketch, they'd extend the deadline for me until the weekend.

Anyone else get anything?

Geography was the only one I didn't submit for.

Quote: andysteph81 @ 1st April 2014, 7:21 AM BST

Anyone else get anything?

Only a feeling of envy and jealousy. But I guess that's not what you were asking.

I got the email at ten past eleven last night, so I assume they're emailing people as they read through their work if something tickles them.

Like I say, didn't submit anything for the Geography episode, maybe if I did, they wouldn't have emailed me at all. The same may apply for others if they didn't submit for all the episodes.

The thing is, the reason why I didn't submit for the geography episode was because I couldn't think of anything! Best reach for the Trivial Pursuit box...

Quote: andysteph81 @ 1st April 2014, 7:21 AM BST

I got an email from the team saying my sketches made them laugh, and if I wanted to submit a Geography sketch, they'd extend the deadline for me until the weekend.

Sure it wasn't an April Fool?

Quote: notjosh @ 1st April 2014, 11:21 AM BST

Sure it wasn't an April Fool?

I was thinking that, that's why I checked the date:time on the email! Sent on the 31st of March. Just.

How d'you know that your email provider wasn't doing their own April Fool by changing the times of posts?

Quote: andysteph81 @ 1st April 2014, 10:07 AM BST

I got the email at ten past eleven last night

Check the time zones used on the email timestamp - as timezones are geographic areas, and you didn't submit anything for geography it could be a really bad setup for a personalised April Fool where the sender mailed it from a server in central Europe.

But as it's not... Well done on making them laugh - that's the first fence that many will fall at.
EDIT: Including me!

For anyone interested, I emailed and got this response:

"Thanks for the email. We're still in the process of whittling down our final rewrite lists, notes for the first episode will start going out in a week or so and I'd expect all rewrites to have been requested by the first week of May. If you don't hear from us I'm afraid that you haven't been successful this time around."

So if anyone was starting to despair that they might not get anything on, there's still time. Sounds like they got a huge pile of stuff sent in. I feel a bit bad for waiting til deadline day to send my stuff in now...

Andy I'd love to read one of your sketches to get a flavour of what they really like - to be asked to submit more stuff is really impressive

Quote: Deadpanic @ 7th April 2014, 11:19 AM BST

For anyone interested, I emailed and got this response:

"Thanks for the email. We're still in the process of whittling down our final rewrite lists, notes for the first episode will start going out in a week or so and I'd expect all rewrites to have been requested by the first week of May. If you don't hear from us I'm afraid that you haven't been successful this time around."

So if anyone was starting to despair that they might not get anything on, there's still time. Sounds like they got a huge pile of stuff sent in. I feel a bit bad for waiting til deadline day to send my stuff in now...

"If you don't hear from us I'm afraid that you haven't been successful this time around."

Surely they mean, 'if you don't hear from us it means your sketches were perfect and didn't require any rewriting?' :P

Quote: radiat10n @ 7th April 2014, 2:04 PM BST

"If you don't hear from us I'm afraid that you haven't been successful this time around."

Surely they mean, 'if you don't hear from us it means your sketches were perfect and didn't require any rewriting?' :P

I doubt we could escape re-writes even in Heaven, if I believed the place existed. But you can dream...

Could we offer rewrites on the Bible? "God, we don't need this 'eye for an eye stuff...'".

Will the first episode be Science and Nature then?

Received a rewrite request this morning for a Geography sketch. Guess that must mean my other geography sketch was perfect as it was...

I got a geography rewrite request today too, so I'm guessing that will be the first show. And, shock horror, I sent the sketch in hours after the stated midday deadline!!!