The Show What You Wrote - series 2 Page 12

My sketch went through to the record without it being rewritten by me. (It was rewritten by others, probably the script editor, according to someone who was at the record.)

I think I got an email about it making the record on the Friday (when the record was on that Sunday.)

It was cut from the final broadcast, though.

i've just got an email to say I've got tickets for the show on the 30th June.

According to the tickets website, it looks like the first recording is on Wednesday (18th) and then the three Mondays thereafter. Has anyone got tickets/heard anything about their sketches' inclusion? I have a ticket to the second recording on the 23rd.

I've had the email to say my sketch is being recorded for the first episode, so that'll be Geography. Hopefully they use it in the broadcast and don't talk too fast.

Quote: BoomBoomBoom @ 18th June 2014, 12:52 AM BST

I've had the email to say my sketch is being recorded for the first episode, so that'll be Geography. Hopefully they use it in the broadcast and don't talk too fast.

Congratulations!

I didn't manage to get tickets for the first show (though I may try blagging it in) so I'll be at Comedy Balloon in town (at the Ape and Apple pub near the town hall) if you're there later.

All the best at making the show.

Quote: BoomBoomBoom @ 18th June 2014, 12:52 AM BST

Congrats BoomBoomBoom.

I got the sad email where my rewrite did not make the recording.

Any more successes out there?

Quote: Ponderer @ 18th June 2014, 10:59 AM BST

That's quite good that they're telling people who did rewrites even if they don't make it to the recording.

Rejections become :| if you keep at it...

I'm a fellow rejectee. The e-mail was a nice touch though. It explained how there'd been 7000 sketches submitted and only 100 rewrite requests so still feeling positive-ish. Congratulations and good luck to those that made the recording!

The 'didn't make the final script' emails are a really nice touch. I've found the entire process, from submitting to rewrites to pleasant emails in the inbox, to be an encouraging experience.

Well done to everyone who got in, hope whoever goes tonight laughs long and hard!

Congrats BoomBoomBoom.

Any more successes out there?

Congratulations BoomBoomBoom.

Ponderer - that's good that they let you know - was it a Geography one?

Anyone had anything post the rewrites email for Sport/Leisure? I noticed that it asked for them to be sent back by 6th, but when I sent mine on 5th I got an 'out of office' auto response saying they were out until 11th.

Thanks guys. I think they'll send the record in/out emails for each show the day before or day of the recording as they're probably still deciding until then.

Quote: Bonzo @ 19th June 2014, 10:27 AM BST

Congratulations BoomBoomBoom.

Ponderer - that's good that they let you know - was it a Geography one?

Anyone had anything post the rewrites email for Sport/Leisure? I noticed that it asked for them to be sent back by 6th, but when I sent mine on 5th I got an 'out of office' auto response saying they were out until 11th.

Hi Bonzo,

Yeah, a Geography one so I guess they are doing it show by show.

By the way, I agree about the emails, and in fact the whole way this has been conducted seems a cut above what has happened or been reported to happen previously.

ooh, well done! :)

I also got an email saying my sketch had made the recording so I emailed back asking for tickets to the recording and they were kind enough to put me on the guest list.