The Show What You Wrote - series 2 Page 14

Yes. Well done Mr P

My re-write didn't make the final script.

Will be taking lots of positives out of the experience.

Well done to all who made it through to the recording.

Just got my e-mail to say I'm into Sport & Leisure. Also had one for Art & Literature which means I've got two shots! Congrats to anyone else in the script and fingers crossed we survive the edit.

Well done to everyone who got an email. I'm obsessively refreshing the inbox, but no email yet about my sports and leisure rewrite.

Quote: Quill @ 4th July 2014, 7:23 PM BST

My re-write didn't make the final script.

Will be taking lots of positives out of the experience.

Well done to all who made it through to the recording.

Hi Quill - how do you know it didn't get through? Did they email you? Only asking because I did a rewrite for episode 4 (sports / leisure) but haven't heard either way.
thanks

Quote: Bonzo @ 7th July 2014, 12:28 PM BST

Hi Quill - how do you know it didn't get through? Did they email you? Only asking because I did a rewrite for episode 4 (sports / leisure) but haven't heard either way.
thanks

They have been emailing to say if a rewrite didn't make it to the recording script - which is damn decent of them.

Have you still not heard, Bonzo?

I think that at this late hour I must give up on hoping one of my sports and leisure sketches went straight through, so it looks like I missed the mark this series. Big congratulations to all who hit it.

On a separate note - looks like I may have a couple of spare tix for tonights recording if anyone wants one.

Hello. I emailed them this eve and they replied very quickly to let me know my rewritten sketch wasn't being used. It was a very nice email and very encouraging and I'm pleased to have got this far as I didn't get a rewrite last series.

Good luck to all those who have sketches being recorded, hope they make the final show. :D

Nothing for me this series but was chuffed to get as far as the readthroughs last time. They made it a good 'rejection' though by the nice email they sent talking about the huge number of entrants and how getting that far was no mean feat etc.

Looking forward to hearing the show, well done all you jammies who made it this time.

Yes well done all who are made it to the recording - no mean feat. (And indeed well done to anyone who got any of the way!)

Is twitter telling me the truth? Was Chris Addison one of the guest actors last night? Got to be pretty happy with that!

Quote: StephenM @ 8th July 2014, 12:31 PM BST

Is twitter telling me the truth? Was Chris Addison one of the guest actors last night?

For once twitter isn't lying.

Although he wasn't 'one' of the guest actors, he was 'the' guest actor. And he was very funny aside from the recorded audio.

I got a very nice email on 4 July to say my re-write hadn't made the script for 7 July.

Having been at the recording, I thought the standard of sketches that made the script was excellent. Congratulations to the writers.

Wahoo! My Tim Henman sketch made it into the Sports episode, which is apparently episode 1, and will be going out on August 14th.

Still waiting to hear back on my Arts and Literature contender. Good luck guys.

Congrats Josh (or not - Josh that is)!

Well done Josh/Notjosh

I also got the 'good' email for the Sport & Leisure episode. Nice to see a decent BCG presence in the show - hopefully more to come.

Turns out I got a sketch into "The Show What You Wrote" recording. The BBC didn't tell me until today, when they sent me an e-mail to say they've edited it out the broadcast show.

At least they liked it enough to record it, had I known I probably would have gone to the show.

Oh well. Maybe next year. . . .