The Show What You Wrote - series 2 Page 2

I sent a second one yesterday! Art and Literature.

Done: one for Sport and Leisure, one for Art and Literature.

I have a Geography sketch that makes *me* laugh, but I fear the tone isn't right (subject, not language). Although the first series surprised me with some of the material they aired.

Just written roughs of two more whilst sitting on the terrace, sneezing.

Quote: beaky @ 22nd February 2014, 1:25 PM GMT

Your handkerchief inspired you to do an abstract art sketch???

Jackson Pollock would be appalled.

Quote: beaky @ 22nd February 2014, 1:25 PM GMT

Sounds like the ideas flu off the page beaky.

(sighs deeply)

Does anyone know if there are restrictions around using brand names in sketches, e.g. McDonalds, Dairylea etc or naming specific TV programmes, things like that?

probably, just use a similee

Ah, thanks Sootyj.

I'd write it how you want it to be. If they need to change it let them come up with the alternative or let them ask you to rewrite later. I think the general rule is you shouldn't worry unless you are being defamatory to the brand, though the BBC will no doubt have additional rules about not promoting the brand either.

Would prefer to use the names really if possible so might just take a chance. Thanks Badge.

Not so sure about that, isn't it generally anytime you expect them to make changes you lessen your chances.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/filmnetwork/filmmaking/guide/before-you-start/content-clearances

It's more a respect think, they'll change everything anyway. But sticking to rules etc shows you're listening to them.

Quote: Badge @ 25th February 2014, 11:37 AM GMT

I'd write it how you want it to be. If they need to change it let them come up with the alternative or let them ask you to rewrite later. I think the general rule is you shouldn't worry unless you are being defamatory to the brand, though the BBC will no doubt have additional rules about not promoting the brand either.

Just put in a subsequent joke about 'defamatory jokes about other <whatevers> are also available'

Dan

Proud of myself for managing 8 freshly written sketches for this series. (And a separate 4 sketches for 4am Cab.)