The Show What You Wrote - series 2 Page 6

I was up until 4am finishing my final batch of sketches.

In total, I submitted twelve.

Submitted three sketches. 15% of one was almost funny.

Wrote 3 x Science, 3 x Geography and 2 x Sports - but no Art & Literature, couldn't think of anything even vaguely funny for that!

You managed 3 geography sketches!!??? And could think of nothing for Art & Lit!!!!??? That's just weird.

Seven; three for Science & Nature, two for Geography and two for Art & Literature.

Hope they're generous with the leeway in interpreting the themes

Smarmy

I thought they were 'encouraging' the leeway rather than 'generous'!

Just put the word 'map' in it somewhere...

Dan

I managed 3 x Science, 2 x Geography, 2 x Art and a Sport.

I'm amazed that I was able to write a sport sketch, given that I know nothing about it.

Quote: Krusty @ 28th February 2014, 4:36 PM GMT

You managed 3 geography sketches!!??? And could think of nothing for Art & Lit!!!!??? That's just weird.

It was like my Trivial Pursuit anxiety dream all over again, trapsing round the board trying to get that sodding pink piece again!

Geography can be widely interpreted though, as can any subject.
My Geography sketches comprised of one set in a hotel, one travel show spoof and one about a current affairs satellite link-up correspondent.

>Geography can be widely interpreted though, as can any subject.

I think that is probably the key for success; different angle/area on the same subject.

One of my sport ones was on a spaceship.

Has anyone received a rewrite request yet?

Quote: groovydude89 @ 28th February 2014, 1:43 PM GMT

I was up until 4am finishing my final batch of sketches.

Weren't thet your 4AM Cab sketches?
:P

Has anybody heard anything back yet? I wonder what volumes they received this year...

I'd guess not - at the Salford Comedy Festival one of the producers outlined the mountain of sketches that they are partway through reading. It'd surprise me greatly if they've finished it in the past week.

My fairly unfounded stab-in-the-dark guess would say we may hear around the end (far end, not beginning end) of April.

Thanks. Maybe I'll stop checking my spam folder so religiously for a while. After this last look...