Tell us a joke Page 74

Any parents here? You know how all the smartest questions start right?
Child: MAMMA DADDY! WHAT IF....?
Mom turns to Dad.
Mom: Are we there yet?

Any One Direction fans here? Their music reminds of a one way sign at a campground. You miss your camping circle. "Here we go again...."

Quote: Igor Bayluk @ 31st August 2014, 7:22 PM BST

Any parents here? You know how all the smartest questions start right?
Child: MAMMA DADDY! WHAT IF....?
Mom turns to Dad.
Mom: Are we there yet?

Any One Direction fans here? Their music reminds of a one way sign at a campground. You miss your camping circle. "Here we go again...."

"I know all those words, but this post makes no sense" - L Simpson

I get the first joke - the kid starts to ask an awkward question, and the Mother asks what children normally say, to avoid answering.
Don't understand the second one.

Tip to repliers:
never pope urethra your smarty phonebook with productive tax

Quote: gappy @ 31st August 2014, 11:34 AM BST

Removed - actually, that didn't make any sense! Got my latin sounding words confused Whistling nnocently

Workus Chattupus Everus?

Why is Joe Hart England's number one?

Because he's head and shoulders above the rest

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 1st September 2014, 12:12 AM BST

Workus Chattupus Everus?

Laughing out loud Ita vero.

I was drowning in a large bay, and at first I thought it was lucky that a sailing ship picked me up, but if anything the barque was worse than the bight.

Quote: CallumS @ 29th August 2014, 9:54 PM BST

Would like some feedback on my latest attempt at joke writing.

I once befriended a holly bush but it quickly became a thorn in my side.

I got engaged to a girl called Holly Bush but she quickly became a thorn in my side.

<later>

Quote: Marc P @ 30th August 2014, 3:10 PM BST

I genuinely had a girlfriend called Holly Bush once... She became a right thorn in my side.

Oh you already did that.... :-(

And better ;) lol

Quote: Marc P @ 1st September 2014, 11:20 AM BST

And better ;) lol

Not really; that word "genuinely" grates and is redundant.

Cool

It's about the delivery Bill, the cadence. It's dialogue - which is as much about music as it is about content. In practical terms there is an inbuilt beat, a pause, to twist from the first clause to the second. To deliver the punch.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ 1st September 2014, 11:43 AM BST

It's alleged that MarcP writes his own stuff, somewhere.

Moving on..

From the beeb:

DrBob
20th August 2013 - 13:05

In China, they're forcing wild animals to perform karaoke versions of 70s disco hits. It's pandaBoneyM.

You did ask before style and I pointed out some and lots more. Did you not see lol??

And not for the first time I might add. :D

Plus Bill the 'genuinely' tells us what's coming next is a big fat lie! an opportunity to get ready to groan :)

I'm not at all defensive me!

Quote: Marc P @ 1st September 2014, 11:51 AM BST

I'm not at all defensive me!

'Genuinely'? ;)

Yes and that is an absolutely true story!

:D

I did say I had written something recently in that thread, and if you had read on you would see quite a few jokes contributing to the thread. Did you wish me to trawl back though my postings to find my stuff for you then? Seems a bit silly as the time for helpful feedback would have passed by now? Or did you wish me to trawl back. I don't think there is an easy way to do this? Or did you wish to just read them as to make an analysis of my judgement to comment in critique. I thought critique was open for all to chip in, is that not the point? I am busy now but by all means please look back and find something if you wish to discuss some work I have posted?

Sorry not sure what your point is with the post count stylee, I work from home so am on computer all the time. Does the number of posts have some significance contextually. What am I evading by the way old bean, like I said there were lots of jokes posted after your enquiry. I am not sure why you keep asking for something but then ignoring it? Read my material and enjoy it. I could be wrong of course but people can write and critique as far as I know :) Have I been mean to you in critiquing something you have posted by the way?