Worst comedy Page 4

Quote: Ignatius Rake @ September 18 2012, 8:46 PM BST

Ah, so Mark Gatiss ripped off the League of Gentlemen, then.

Seriously. It was still shit.

Too many recurring situations/running gags imo. But a revelation compared to "Lenny Henry In Pieces" which was nothing but (bad) running gags: saying a 1000x "It's because I'm a black man, innit?" in a west indies accent isn't what I'd call comedy genius.

You have a good point there, Gordon.

Can we change the name of this thread to the 257 worst comedies?

I feel there are plenty more bum goblins to throw in the shit pot.

This thread was started by Angry kall...and its potential is greater than initially expected.

What happened to Kall? From that expression I get the impression he wasn't a little ray of sunshine.

He was a (mad) genius imo...to quote Del Boy: "He will be famous when he's dead" ;)

Yeah, I've just read Script 2. Laughed my knackers off. It's sheer genius.

And, ahem, back to topic, a hell of a lot better than Little Britain.

If you like "script 2" then you'll like "torch script" as well...

but back to topic..."Little Britain" was/is enjoyable enough for me, nothing more. I fail to see the genius in it. Here outside Britain it is the most succesful British comedy import of the last few years. And I have a friend who is half English/half Scotch and he looooves it as well and calls it genius. I don't get this...

A few more for the pot. Me & My Girl annoying Richard O'Sullivan, annoying daughter, really annoying Tim Brooke Taylor. Fresh Fields/French Fields should have been the killing fields. Sir Yellow with Jimmy Edwards once voted the twentieth worst sitcom of all time. You Must Be The Husband, Tim Brooke Taylor again, so dull and contrived the TV needed winding up every time it came on. No Job For A Lady saw Penelope Keith as a politician, Yes Minister must have been shaking in its boots with this pincer-like parody as its rival.

Yep, bung 'em in with the other bangers and mash.

Don't Tell Father, an absolute stinker of a sitcom with Caroline Quentin and Susan Hampshire. Awful, just awful.

Cheers, Gordon. Just read Torch Script. Can't stop laughing. The guy's a genius!

I don't know how I could be so remiss, but I have just thought of the worst of the worst. Carla 'Bloody Hell That Was Crap' Lane's Solo. Felicity Kendal puts the final coffin nail in her career until she turns up years later as a gardening mass murderer. Pretentious nonsense with the kind of dialogue that could only be spoken by people who have never, and never will, exist. Let's talk about emotions, let's not, let's have at least one joke. Let's not forget further crimes against comedy like, The Mistress (Kendal digging a deeper hole), I Woke Up One Morning (why bother) and just about anything else she ever wrote. I include The Liver Birds and Bread in this.

Yep, down the crapper with the lot of them, although Bread wasn't too bad...

But shove it in anyway!

If it floats, we'll mash it up with the bog brush and get the rest with the piss chisel later.

Quote: Pingl @ September 18 2012, 9:53 PM BST

No Job For A Lady saw Penelope Keith as a politician

A sitcom so weak, the fact that it actually tries imbibes it with a certain twee charm.

A fair point maybe, Aaron, but I'm not shoving my hand down there to fish it out.