QI - Series J Page 8

Quote: fasty @ October 1 2012, 6:43 PM BST

Can we just lose the 'Goooooooooood evening, good evening, good evening, good evening, good evening, good evening, good evening. Unimpressed

I must confess to not liking that bit, but it at least it better than it once was. The extra long "Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood" which took about half a minute to begin episodes in Series G did grate, even me.

Yes, that is annoying. But other than that I don't think I could find Stephen Fry annoying if I tried.

Quote: zooo @ October 2 2012, 2:58 PM BST

Yes, that is annoying. But other than that I don't think I could find Stephen Fry annoying if I tried.

How funny, I can barely stand to look at him or hear him say a word. We really are all different.

I also cannot stand Alan Davies - who regularly interrupts an interesting anecdote or fact to dole out the most obvious pun or joke imaginable.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ October 2 2012, 3:12 PM BST

How funny, I can barely stand to look at him or hear him say a word. We really are all different.

I also cannot stand Alan Davies - who regularly interrupts an interesting anecdote or fact to dole out the most obvious pun or joke imaginable.

Agree with Davies thing. I'm sick to death of his unfunny mimes, somebody shoot him.

Quote: Aaron @ September 30 2012, 8:29 PM BST

Cal Wilson was woeful.

I thought she was one of the few highlights in what was a pretty woeful episode.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ October 2 2012, 3:30 PM BST

I thought she was one of the few highlights in what was a pretty woeful episode.

And there we have the problem in a nutshell.

Not too many knob gags this time. But now we know what Fry calls his penis.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ October 6 2012, 11:42 AM BST

Not too many knob gags this time. But now we know what Fry calls his penis.

I missed the show, but I am guessing "Gerald".

I call mine "Boa Constrictor"...well, that's obvious. ;)

I think yesterday's episode was alright. Enjoyed it more than the ones before.

Me too, Fry seemed to have more energy and there weren't too many knob gags. Just a couple.

...and the Rambo/Rimbeaud-confusion was funny.

The redheaded Kiwi again.

Does she wear sensible shoes?

I was actually happily surprised with episode six, it was a pretty funny show overall. The guests seemed to just all fit together well, and Cal Wilson seemed better this episode, like she'd kinda started getting the hang of the show a bit more. I'm not even a huge fan of Jack Whitehall, but I thought he was pretty good too.

I've been looking at the following week's lineups too, and it almost looks to me like they've put all my preferred guests in the later episodes. Not sure if this is intentional or not, but it does mean that I'll most likely be watching the series until its end.

Also, how weird was it seeing Jimmy Carr not dressed in a suit?