QI - Series J Page 6

This series is definitely off the boil, maybe we are just too familiar with it and the the format is beginning to tire. Would a new host be the answer?

Quote: Pingl @ September 30 2012, 8:14 PM BST

Would a new host be the answer?

If they want to go on in this knob-gag direction then I would suggest Russel Howard. But then they lose me.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ September 30 2012, 8:19 PM BST

If they want to go on in this knob-gag direction then I would suggest Russel Howard. But then they lose me.

and me

Cal Wilson was woeful.

Quote: Aaron @ September 30 2012, 8:29 PM BST

Cal Wilson was woeful.

I liked her hairstyle. But she and Brydon didn't contribute all that much to that show. It was one of the lesser episodes.

Quote: Aaron @ September 30 2012, 8:29 PM BST

Cal Wilson was woeful.

Yeah the Kiwi didn't wow me.Do you think she's related to Fry, its the only reason she could have got the gig

I believe Michael palin was first choice for host. How about David Mitchell, he might bring a little acid and little order to proceedings

Quote: Pingl @ September 30 2012, 8:32 PM BST

How about David Mitchell, he might bring a little acid and little order to proceedings

Not a bad idea.

Or Frank Skinner?

I could see Frank Skinner going for it, he'd happily stab someone in the back to get back on TV.

Quote: ellipsis @ October 1 2012, 4:30 AM BST

I could see Frank Skinner going for it, he'd happily stab someone in the back to get back on TV.

Is he this sort of guy?
But with all this replacement talk I must say I don't want to imagine QI with a different host. Stephen Fry is still the man!

He's the queen of QI. ;)

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ October 1 2012, 1:03 PM BST

Is he this sort of guy?
But with all this replacement talk I must say I don't want to imagine QI with a different host. Stephen Fry is still the man!

He's the queen of QI. ;)

I don't know I'm beginning to think the unthinkable

Quote: Pingl @ October 1 2012, 1:15 PM BST

I don't know I'm beginning to think the unthinkable

I don't think it's Fry's fault (although he could go easy on the vagina jokes)...but maybe you (and many others) get tired of the concept. Interesting trivia commented with cheeky remarks by more or less clever comedians. Maybe a complete makeover would cure this routine but then many would complain about how the producers destroyed their favourite show.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ October 1 2012, 1:44 PM BST

I don't think it's Fry's fault (although he could go easy on the vagina jokes)...but maybe you (and many others) get tired of the concept. Interesting trivia commented with cheeky remarks by more or less clever comedians. Maybe a complete makeover would cure this routine but then many would complain about how the producers destroyed their favourite show.

I think you're right, maybe I am finding the concept tired. That's why maybe drastic surgery is needed, bye bye Fry and Davies and hello complete overhall. But many people like the comfort of a long running series, maybe it's my problem. But I find myself getting bored now and that is not a good sign.

I wouldn't want to see Fry leave.

Quote: zooo @ October 1 2012, 1:53 PM BST

No I think that would be the general consesus. And I do like Fry, it's just a personal opinion.

Quote: zooo @ October 1 2012, 1:53 PM BST

He's not the problem anyway, imo. Like I wrote yesterday...if they'd make the show trendier + younger and hire Russel Howard then it's "bye bye QI" for me.