QI - Series J Page 3

Quote: AJGO @ September 13 2012, 12:27 PM BST

Please, please, please, let it be an entire episode devoted to menstruation

Could be, AJGO! J is for 'jam rag', after all!

Quote: AJGO @ September 13 2012, 12:27 PM BST

Please, please, please, let it be an entire episode devoted to menstruation

With a majority-female guest-list I can't see how this could be avoided. Female comedians only have a limited amount of non-period material to work with, after all.

Anyone see this last night? Wasn't that good in my opinion. Lacked focus.

There was a bit too much jizz talk, but aside from that, I enjoyed it as much as ever!

Quote: zooo @ September 15 2012, 10:04 AM BST

There was a bit too much jizz talk, but aside from that, I enjoyed it as much as ever!

Totally agree...sadly extra cheap dirty talk* sells these days and even great minds as Fry have to do it from time to time to keep the viewing figures at a satisfying level. But apart from that I enjoyed the show.
What was that aztec-dream all about? Was that a spontaneous reaction of the QI editorial staff to pick it up at the end or is Coren genuinely psychic. Or was it all a fake right from the start?

*Generally I have nothing against knob gags but if they stretch these dirty interludes too long it gets boring.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ September 15 2012, 11:59 AM BST

What was that aztec-dream all about? Was that a spontaneous reaction of the QI editorial staff to pick it up at the end

Ha, yes I'm sure it was that. They'll have quickly arranged it backstage after she said it.

The interesting thing about tonight's episode, and indeed this entire series, is that there isn't a "General Ignorance" round. One of the QI elves has confirmed this on the QI forums (their website went through a big update yesterday).

They said that because all the panellists know that when the General Ignorance round appears, they are all extra careful and try not to ring the klaxon. Now the General Ignorance questions are spread out throughout the entire show. They're still there, but there is no single round.

I'm slightly worried about this. Getting rid of the General Ignorance round is a bit like HIGNFY getting rid of "Missing Words" or Mock The Week getting rid of "Scenes We'd Like To See". It's probably nothing to worry about, but it is a big change to get of one of the main highlights of the show.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ September 15 2012, 12:33 PM BST

The interesting thing about tonight's episode, and indeed this entire series, is that there isn't a "General Ignorance" round. One of the QI elves has confirmed this on the QI forums (their website went through a big update yesterday).

They said that because all the panellists know that when the General Ignorance round appears, they are all extra careful and try not to ring the klaxon. Now the General Ignorance questions are spread out throughout the entire show. They're still there, but there is no single round.

I'm slightly worried about this. Getting rid of the General Ignorance round is a bit like HIGNFY getting rid of "Missing Words" or Mock The Week getting rid of "Scenes We'd Like To See". It's probably nothing to worry about, but it is a big change to get of one of the main highlights of the show.

I didn't even notice to be honest.

Did they edit out the audience losing its 5 points? Stupid QI.

Otherwise, the most enjoyable ep I've seen in quite a while.

Quote: Aaron @ September 15 2012, 10:00 PM BST

Did they edit out the audience losing its 5 points? Stupid QI.

Otherwise, the most enjoyable ep I've seen in quite a while.

I think Stephen only tends to say what the audience scored if they came first or last, but it is annoying that he does that, I give you that.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ September 15 2012, 11:59 AM BST

*Generally I have nothing against knob gags but if they stretch these dirty interludes too long it gets boring.

Much of the humour of the knob gag comes from breaking the taboo, therefore these should be used sparingly. Once it is established that in the context no taboo exists then the knob gag has to actually work as a gag, otherwise it is just naughty schoolboys repeating the word knob and laughing at their own daring.

Quote: Aaron @ September 13 2012, 7:20 PM BST

Could be, AJGO! J is for 'jam rag', after all!

:D Yay!

Quite disappointing. The XL seemed particularly disjointed and generally not up to par, was it the editing or maybe just me.

So, my brain has the same sophistication as a plate of jelly. I knew it.

Not great at all again this week.