QI - Series J Page 5

Quote: zooo @ September 27 2012, 9:07 PM BST

Yes, we're all very shallow.

Who's we?
Mods? or Women?
I wasn't paying attention.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ September 27 2012, 9:40 PM BST

It was only a joke!! :D
But I tell what's not a joke: David Beckham's an eejit!

Sorry, I should have put a wink!

Wonder if Beckham has ever been on a panel show?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 27 2012, 9:42 PM BST

Who's we?
Mods? or Women?
I wasn't paying attention.

Rolling eyes

(Hee.)

Again yesterday: cheap adolescent jokes by Stephen Fry and allusions to his gayness ("looking for wood...") by the others.
It wasn't the best episode in this series imo.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ September 29 2012, 8:29 AM BST

Again yesterday: cheap adolescent jokes by Stephen Fry and allusions to his gayness ("looking for wood...") by the others.
It wasn't the best episode in this series imo.

Oh dear, I normally wait for the XL, but this doesn't sound promising

Quote: Pingl @ September 29 2012, 1:14 PM BST

Oh dear, I normally wait for the XL, but this doesn't sound promising

Don't be scared off by my comment. I watched Miranda, this roadshow stand up thing and Mrs. Brown's Boys before it yesterday...and QI was still the best of these programmes imo.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ September 29 2012, 1:28 PM BST

Don't be scared off by my comment. I watched Miranda, this roadshow stand up thing and Mrs. Brown's Boys before it yesterday...and QI was still the best of these programmes imo.

I always watch whatever happens, but I am beginning to loose the faith. Can't stand Mrs Brown, like Miranda though.

Quote: Pingl @ September 29 2012, 2:29 PM BST

I always watch whatever happens, but I am beginning to loose the faith. Can't stand Mrs Brown, like Miranda though.

Miranda was ok...but Mrs. Brown bored the pants off me. The stand up thing was a bit strange though...3 or 4 performers crammed into 30 minutes, each performance must have been heavily edited for the TV programme so that none of them took really off. Live At the Apollo does not suffer from such strange brevity feel.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ September 29 2012, 2:42 PM BST

Miranda was ok...but Mrs. Brown bored the pants off me. The stand up thing was a bit strange though...3 or 4 performers crammed into 30 minutes, each performance must have been heavily edited for the TV programme so that none of them took really off. Live At the Apollo does not suffer from such strange brevity feel.

Got to be honest with you after Jack Dee left to do 'Lead Balloon' I stopped watching it McIntyre makes me wretch, I can't stand to even catch him by accident. Seems to be just me though ;)

I have to say that I thought that Cal Wilson did very well, considering she has never done British TV before.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ September 29 2012, 4:41 PM BST

I have to say that I thought that Cal Wilson did very well, considering she has never done British TV before.

She was a breath of fresh air.

Rob Brydon seemed bored or pissed off to me. He strikes me as a pretty ecocentric type of guy who can't stand it if he isn't the main man of a show. Maybe I'm wrong I don't know.

I think that's just his act. He always acts like that!

I said act too many times.

Quote: zooo @ September 29 2012, 9:59 PM BST

I think that's just his act. He always acts like that!

I said act too many times.

But he was very quiet too as if he didn't know what to contribute to the show and didn't care about that fact either.

I still think he's egocentric. He's very similar to Steve Coogan. Both very talented in my opinion but also both very careful in choosing their careersteps and not very keen on sharing the limelight with others.

And yes...you said the word 'act' too many times and that's childish. Act your age! ;)

Get your act together!

Maybe he said more but they edited him out? Who knows.