QI - Series J Page 9

Enjoyed last night's episode. You know what you get with Ross Noble...

This series has been poor in my opinion

Ross Noble's description of his father's send-off had me chucking. And that smoke-ring-vortex stuff at the end was amazing.

I thought the others mocked his dad's funeral a tad too much! But it was funny.

Quote: zooo @ October 27 2012, 5:52 PM BST

I thought the others mocked his dad's funeral a tad too much! But it was funny.

Yes, he was very open about this story (if it is true) and made his jokes...but the others got carried away with it and (maybe) went a bit too far I think; I mean it's still his personal story after all.
It's like you make jokes about your fat legs or something and your friends say "Yeah you're right...you look like an elephant, hahaha". Only worse.

QI used to be a must watch programme for me but, to be honest, this recent series (and the last) have bored me to tears, it may be just me but where as I used to find it (quite) interesting now I just find it dull and the guests all seem far too comfortable.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ October 27 2012, 5:58 PM BST

Yes, he was very open about this story (if it is true) and made his jokes...but the others got carried away with it and (maybe) went a bit too far I think; I mean it's still his personal story after all.
It's like you make jokes about your fat legs or something and your friends say "Yeah you're right...you look like an elephant, hahaha". Only worse.

Lol, exactly!

Didn't like the way certain guests seemed very self-satisfied with their desperate attempts at humour.

I don't think Korshandi and Vegas are suited for this kind of (spontaneous) comedy. I didn't like those two yesterday.

I think part of the problem is that none of the guests are remotely interested in the answers to the questions. The other part of the problem is that none of them are remotely interested in anything other than the sound of their own voices.

In Germany they have panel shows too. But the situation there is a bit different than in Britain. The best and most popular comedians with intact careers rarely participate in panel or quiz shows. These shows are more of a "safety net" for desperate has-beens who try to reanimate their careers.
In Britain participating in a panelshow seems to be a logical career move...a part of the day job.

I don't know which system is better...both seem to generate unmotivated, self-satisfied (and some untalented) candidates.

This week's episode was pretty good actually, although I do have to agree that it did kinda seem like the guests weren't really contributing to the "quite interesting" aspect of the show so much.

Still though, Johnny Vegas and Russel Brand were as good as they should have been this week, and I thought Shapi (if that's how you spell her name) made a pretty good debut appearance.

Quote: Stephen @ October 28 2012, 7:02 AM GMT

Russel Brand

You mean Ross Noble.

John Lloyds's radio spin off, The Museum of Curiosity, is kind of an insight into what QI could have been if BBC Television had not determined, rightly or wrongly, that their audience is comprised of morons.

Quote: Tursiops @ October 28 2012, 12:58 PM GMT

John Lloyds's radio spin off, The Museum of Curiosity, is kind of an insight into what QI could have been if BBC Television had not determined, rightly or wrongly, that their audience is comprised of morons.

Yes this feels more like the genuine article