Psychoville - Series 2 Page 4

Quote: bigfella @ May 13 2011, 6:34 AM BST

It was.

But not a lot else was really. A few smiles, Mr Lomax and the tipex and the panic about the libary book.

I wouldn't disagree with this. It's a slightly unfocussed series so far with remnants of characters from the last series and a smattering of new ones, and no clear direction. I wish they'd just had everyone from the last series die at the end of series 1 and started afresh with a completely new bunch this time round.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ May 13 2011, 9:19 AM BST

John Landis.

I was impressed they got him.

Quote: chipolata @ May 13 2011, 9:36 AM BST

I was impressed they got him.

Must have been whilst he was in the UK promoting Burke and Hare? He's also a big fan of British comedy.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ May 13 2011, 9:41 AM BST

Must have been whilst he was in the UK promoting Burke and Hare? He's also a big fan of British comedy.

That's right, he is. I remember in an interview last year he said he'd wanted Ronnie Barker to play the butler in Trading Places.

Quote: sootyj @ May 13 2011, 8:54 AM BST

Tina Turner was ome how surprising/terrifying/hilarious at once.

Tina Turner - so good!

Quote: sootyj @ May 13 2011, 8:54 AM BST

The faghag marriage of convenience ancient joke and ridiculously dated (civil ceremonies as a reason to remain have been recognised for years).

Bit quick to judge this I'd suggest... knowing the writers, it'd be safe to guess it is a setup for a much darker, less predictable plot between those characters.

Quote: Mark @ May 13 2011, 9:52 AM BST

Bit quick to judge this I'd suggest... knowing the writers, it'd be safe to guess it is a setup for a much darker, less predictable plot between those characters.

Maybe but 2 episodes is a long time to be thinking this is a bit old.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ May 13 2011, 9:19 AM BST

John Landis.

Doh!
Thanks for that.

Quote: bigfella @ May 13 2011, 6:34 AM BST

It was.

But not a lot else was really. A few smiles

That's Psychoville!

Quote: sootyj @ May 13 2011, 10:41 AM BST

Maybe but 2 episodes is a long time to be thinking this is a bit old.

Yeah, but they don't write Psychoville for anal comedy obsessives who have a seizure if things aren't exactly as they expect. After Series 1, we should all be well aware that there's a lot being set up for future episodes that doesn't make sense or in some way seems out of place right now.

John Landis is one of my favourite directors so it was great to see him in one of my favourite comedies too.

I can't wait to see the twists the Tony Hancock storyline's going to take.

Haven't watched episode 2 yet but found episode one slow moving with few laughs. Reminded me of the old adage about a band's second or third album being a bit self-indulgent rather than aimed at the paying public. League of Gents went the same way really. Series one was never equalled. Grand sets and costumes and good acting but not overly funny.

I'm so glad this is back. Enjoyed both episodes thoroughly, particularly Silent Singer. I always think 30 mintutes is too short though.

The Tina Turner moment was truly brilliant. The episode was lagging up until that point, I knew something great was coming up though.

Possibly my favourite moment from both series so far.

Did no one notice (and appreciate) the Sowerbutt's lovely little hommage to The Court Jester?

"The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle.
The chalice from the palace has the brew that is true!"

:D

I loved that!

Never heard of it before, I'll have to check it out.

Now I know where 'Allo 'Allo!'s drug in the jug came from!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS75NtlH3gI

From about 1:00 to 2:00.

What's everyone going on about? It was *really* funny pretty much all the way through! Easily the second funniest thing after Comedy Vehicle that I watched.

I giggled more about the 'eye-drops not working' than Tina Turner, which was still ridiculously funny.

Dan